Go Down

Topic: Arduino Due in sleep mode (Read 11271 times) previous topic - next topic

elnhege

Hi,

Is there somewhere a description how to put the Arduino Due in a sleep mode?
I found some descriptions but they were not valid for the Due (at least to my opinion, they refer to #include <avr/sleep.h>).

Thanks in advance,
Henk

aureliusss

Palliser

Hello elnhege,

The sleep mode in the SAM3X8E (Arduino's Due MCU) as one of the three Low Power modes, it's based on the deep-sleep mode of its core(Cortex-M3). Its implementation is done in the PMC (Power Management Controller) register via Wait for Interrupt (WFI) or Wait for Event (WFE) instructions. There is also a deep sleep function using the SCR register. You can find information about this sleep mode in the doc11057.pdf, sections 5.5.1 and 12.8.

http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc11057.pdf

If you want to explore more the sleep mode functions in the Arduino Due library, you can check the pmc.c file (lines 972-982).

C:\Users\YourName\Downloads\arduino-1.5.2-windows\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\arduino\sam\system\libsam\source

Regards!

elnhege

@Palliser, thanks for the usefull information. I will investigate it to see how I can use it.

kove3374

Does  anybody know news about this topic ?
I think it's very important because the current draw of Arduino Due is about 50mA in IDLE...

Digest

Hi all!
I'm a real newbbby in arduino, and I find a lot of problems to realize a soil moisture monitoring system with Arduino Due board and 10 SM100 or EC5 soil moisture capacitative sensors.
First of all the system is to much power expensive, and I can't find a sketch in web to realize a sleep mode dynamic..

ANYONE could help me with this sleep mode problem????!!!

thanks for intererst in my problem!   ^____^

floce

Inserting
Code: [Select]
void __WFE(void);
should do the job. The controller then wakes up on interrupts and events.

regards

floce

sj_arduino

Are there any reference codes available to turn off IOs on Arduino Due?

lazac

You can use  "void pmc_enable_sleepmode(uint8_t uc_type)" library call to enter into sleep mode. It prepares the PMC_FSMR register for sleep mode, then if "uc_type" is zero, the it executes "__WFI()" otherwise it executes "__WFE()".

I tested it with parameter zero ("__WFI()"): it worked as expected, the MCU went into sleep, then serial interrupts, the timer interrupt and any other activated interrupts waked up the MCU.

gor12

Hello Everyone,

Does anybody has a code how to make Arduino Due sleep.

I have tried with pmc_enable_sleepmode(uint8_t uc_type) but it still does not goes to sleep mode.

If someone already did it, could you please upload the code here, I need it ASAP for my project.

Thanks in Advance,

Gor12

q2dg

A homogeneous Arduino API should be create to control sleep modes of AVR and ARM-based boards.

Steamboat

Oct 18, 2015, 11:59 am Last Edit: Oct 18, 2015, 12:06 pm by Steamboat
Hello Osqui,

I have designed the Frankenstein DUE PCB http://wood-walker.org/wiki/doku.php/en/frankenstein-due for my Wood-Walker creature project.

I fully operate it with the Arduino IDE acting as an Arduino DUE. I am in a development phase but documented some of the energy saving things here:
http://wood-walker.org/wiki/doku.php/en/power_management_controller_pmc

I would be happy to give you some support -- but would be happy also to get support with this from others - I am quite on the beginning of all of this ;-)
Rainer from Germany
wood-walker.org

misanbo1

Hi everyone,

I am new in arduino world. I has started this adventure with Nrf24L01 transmitters and receivers examples available.
Now, my idea is to make a sleep mode in the transmitter during 30 seconds and then wake up and sent the data to the receiver, making it constantly. I think that the idea is basic but I don't know how to code this.

Someone could help me?

I am using arduino DUE

PD: Sorry for my level of English.

phr3ak

I have some question about it. This program continuously runs even it should stop because interrupts are disabled and pmc_enable_sleepmode execute a wfi instruction that should wait until an interrupt.

while (1) {
    noInterrupts(); // it calls __disable_irq()
    cpu_irq_disable(); it calls __disable_irq() and __DMB()
    pmc_enable_sleepmode(0);

digitalWrite(13, digitalRead(13) ^ 1); // blinks the led
    for (i = 1; i < 4000000; i++); // wait a little
  }

nemiro

Bumping this thread up to see if anyone has had any progress on this?  Steamboat, I went to the link you have above, but found the link to be dead. 

Go Up