Go Down

Topic: BlueCopter - Arduino Quadcopter (Read 371737 times) previous topic - next topic

Isaac96

Do not PM me for help. I will delete immediately.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F

mexpi

multiwii.com
thanks but no. :D i don't like the multiwii i used it for fun and that's it. After tweaking around i managed to set my MPU  but when  start the  serial monitor to check if i get proper readings from it  serial monitor shows me only  the reversed  defined offsets :

Code: [Select]
#define ACC_X_OFFSET  19
#define ACC_Y_OFFSET  7
#define ACC_Z_OFFSET  -73

and also i used the mpu6050_raw  example to get the acc and gyro values
 accelgyro.getAcceleration(&ax, &ay, &az);
 accelgyro.getRotation(&gx, &gy, &gz);

Serial.print("a/g:\t");
    Serial.print(ax); Serial.print("\t");
    Serial.print(ay); Serial.print("\t");
    Serial.print(az); Serial.print("\t");
    Serial.print(gx); Serial.print("\t");
    Serial.print(gy); Serial.print("\t");
    Serial.println(gz);

maybe the problem comes from the fact that there is no data stored in the buffer and  when in the following line the code subtracts the offset values thas why i get the revers values

Code: [Select]
buffer[0]=buffer[0]-ACC_X_OFFSET;
  buffer[1]=buffer[1]-ACC_Y_OFFSET;
  buffer[2]=buffer[2]-ACC_Z_OFFSET; 

i will mess around with it till morning and hopefully will make it work and again i will really appreciate any  help or tips 

Isaac96

thanks but no. :D i don't like the multiwii i used it for fun and that's it. 
???
Pointless. Why use this? Multiwii is better and easier to customize.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

mexpi

It will be overkill and when the time comes to  show my thesis in front of the professors, they sure will be pleased with my "effort" to  upload some ready made code .... true while using the blue copter one isn't much different but i can say  hare and there i did some stuff beside of assembling the drone and making my own pcb for the  FC ...

AliceTayllor

If you need some help on this touchy subject, here is an article that might help http://mydronelab.com/blog/arduino-quadcopter.html

umar9192

-- Pretty high.. I didn't measure the distance yet.. But it's so high that it starts to look like a small fly in the sky (cant see the orientation of the quad, nothing)..
-- I'm using a double 2200mAh (3 cells, LiPo, coupled in parallell).. It gave me approx. 15min of flight..
-- Well I lost contact with it when I pushed the throttle to the max! (meaning it flew very high).. Nothing special happens.. It will stay leveled in the air until battery begins to run out, and it will descend (depending on the ESC ur using, it can descend slowly(ESC cutting power slowly) or it will suddenly stop (ESC cuts the power alltogether)).

And here's my parts list (all from hobbyking.com):

Item/PartPcs
20CM Male to Male Servo Lead (JR) 26AWG (10pcs/set)
Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2)
Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack
Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution Board
NTM Prop Drive 28-26 1350KV / 310W
HobbyKing 30A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller
Hobbyking X666 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 666mm
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Blue)

And consider buying spares of ex. propellers and such (if you're a beginner you'll need it)..

//Basel
how to connect the Power Distribution Board to the arduino

Isaac96

The PDB is what connects the speed controllers to the battery. If the PDB has a 5V output, connect that to the 5V and GND pins on the Arduino.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

rryba

Hello, i am building a 3dof helicopter standpoint, maybe could you help me ? I got problem with PID regulator, when pitch angle reach 0 value (its a setpoint), output form regulator sets PWM to 0 too. As a result i got oscilation all the time and cant stabilize helicopter.  I think about 2 states of regulator, first to start and second to stabilize with seted output limits on some PWM value. How do you solved taht problem ?

Isaac96

Helicopter? This code is for a quad.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

nadaanas1988

Hi Basel

I want to ask you if I'm going to use arduino mega2560 can I use your code.

I have this firm for my drone can I deal with it as a quadcopter?

Thank you

Isaac96

Somebody else made a Mega quad. Honestly, just use Ardupilot. It is full-featured and supports GPS and alt. hold and waypoints.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

pysdave

what kind of arduino ? i have here arduino uno

Isaac96

Ardupilot runs on a Mega, but the official board is better. It has built-in sensors, some have GPS, and it has a PPM/PWM decoder chip as well. It can do waypoints and autonomos flight.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

Quadrone123

Mar 06, 2017, 02:41 am Last Edit: Mar 06, 2017, 03:25 am by Quadrone123
What changes would you make to the code if you are using an Arduino uno, I tried changing the #define values to match the pin # but that didnt work.(I probably did something wrong) Also I'm working with a MPU6050 where would I attach that to on the board?

Isaac96

Mar 22, 2017, 04:40 am Last Edit: Mar 22, 2017, 04:40 am by Isaac96
I changed the code to use GreyGnome's EnableInterrupt library. PM me and I'll post it from my other device.
I think it also uses the MPU6050. However, I have no idea if it will work at all.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

Go Up