Go Down

Topic: Enhanced Serial Monitor - Version 3.1.3 UPDATE (Read 85784 times) previous topic - next topic

acboother

I'm interested in this, but I'm having a heck of a time finding:

1.) A video showcasing the program
2.) Where to download it from
3.) What the latest version is

Have you thought about using GitHub to organize and version control your program?
Back in posting 198, I mentioned that ESM v3 had been replaced by ESM v4 and a new thread was started here https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=500805.0.

I very much doubt I'll produce a video to go with it nor will I put it onto GITHUB.

Whilst I recognise that it is a step up from using the IDE and the built in serial monitor it is still possible for a non-newbi developer to get to grips with it as the output is still Serial.println.  All the cleverness comes from formatting that string to be compliant with the ESM receiving the message(s) and picking up serial input into the Arduino and to this end some functions and macros exist to make it simple and consistent to do this.

For those who want to take it further there is simple scripting, data persistence on the PC, a collection of sample sketches, user editable help for each individual project...

The latest release of v4 is linked for download on the first posting of that new thread and will be updated as I make releases. A new release should be available in about 2-4 weeks (cleaned up help system, more control over output in the SWP visualiser... all stuff I have found to be useful plus the odd minor bug fix).

I'm interested in this, but I'm having a heck of a time finding:

1.) A video showcasing the program
2.) Where to download it from
3.) What the latest version is

Go Up