Go Down

Topic: Enhanced Serial Monitor - Version 3.1.3 UPDATE (Read 85858 times) previous topic - next topic

rbright

You XY plotting works well.
For people following this post the supplied demo code uses serial strings like #plotsweep~-177.4400~177.00~88.00~44.00~35.00 to represent 5 current analog values which are then plotted and replotted as each #plotsweep string is received. All great stuff.

From an arduino programming perspective you would need to build the serial character string as you read the analog inputs or any calculated variables which would be integers.
Obviously character strings may need to be built up from integers so the itoa function will be required maybe in format itoa (analog1,analog1_txt,10). The raw Analog would be stored into an array before processing. 

Alan I like your future consideration of " User defined visualizers from definition files allowing layout of controls (like dials and gauges, sliders and buttons, graphs etc)"

Regards all

acboother

You XY plotting works well.
For people following this post the supplied demo code uses serial strings like #plotsweep~-177.4400~177.00~88.00~44.00~35.00 to represent 5 current analog values which are then plotted and replotted as each #plotsweep string is received. All great stuff.

From an arduino programming perspective you would need to build the serial character string as you read the analog inputs or any calculated variables which would be integers.
Obviously character strings may need to be built up from integers so the itoa function will be required maybe in format itoa (analog1,analog1_txt,10). The raw Analog would be stored into an array before processing. 

Alan I like your future consideration of " User defined visualizers from definition files allowing layout of controls (like dials and gauges, sliders and buttons, graphs etc)"

Regards all

The sample code shows how to build up the strings, a helper function to do it for you and also includes a super useful function for dealing with floats which can be a real pain in the Ar...

gsram89

Exactly what I am looking for. I am trying to monitor the output of 6 potentiometers in real time.  Would love to try out your tool and leave a feedback. Please mail me the same. Thanks and appreciate your time and effort!

acboother

Exactly what I am looking for. I am trying to monitor the output of 6 potentiometers in real time.  Would love to try out your tool and leave a feedback. Please mail me the same. Thanks and appreciate your time and effort!

Done

dkjbl

Can I also have a chance to try out this plotting tool.

Regards
Jorgen

acboother

You have mail.

Can I also have a chance to try out this plotting tool.

Regards
Jorgen

Wreckerone

Hi,

I would like to try the tool.

Thanks

acboother

DonnyM

Nice looking I would like to try it.

Donny

jlizotte

I would also like to try this. It will help me tweak the sketch I'm using on my wheelchair based robot. The ability to call an external program will be VERY helpful. It looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing your work.

John

tolisn63

Hi Alan

Can I try your enhanced serial monitor ?

maspap

cyclegadget

Your serial monitor is so versatile! I would like to try it also please!

Mark
Good links: Eagle tutorial= http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDE1858BD83D19C70
General Arduion tutorials = http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbtopic_id=123

nofed

I would really like to try your serial monitor!

acboother

Sorry for the delays, I have been busy elsewhere.

You all have emails. Let me know if I've missed anyone.

Cheers Alan

Go Up