Temboo -Unable to connect: is the sketch using the bridge?

Hello,
I was lucky enough to buy an Arduino Yun from adafruit.com on Thursday. I just received the board today(Tuesday), so I don't know too much about it, but I have been reading the getting started pages on Arduino's web site before I received the board. I created a Temboo account and I have my TembooAccount.h file created in the same folder as my sketch (this is the example Temboo give for getting weather from Yahoo!). I hope that is the correct location for the TembooAccount.h file. Does any one know if it is?

I can upload the sketch fine via WiFi, because I tested other simple sketches like blink and they work fine. I try the get weather from Yahoo through Temboo and Temboo does not show in the log file that my YUN is connecting to their site. I get the following in the serial monitor:

Unable to connect: retrying (1)...
Unable to connect: retrying (2)...
Unable to connect: retrying (3)...
Unable to connect: retrying (4)...
Unable to connect: is the sketch using the bridge?

I'm assuming that I'm no connecting to the web site, because I cannot connect to the bridge. On Temboo's web site, I sued the "try it" function and the response was the weather for my city and the Temboo logs showed the two times I tried.

Any ideas?

Here's the code too. I replaced my location from my zip code with "$$$$$"

#include <Bridge.h>
#include <Temboo.h>
#include "TembooAccount.h" // contains Temboo account information, as described below

int numRuns = 1; // execution count, so this doesn't run forever
int maxRuns = 10; // maximum number of times the Choreo should be executed

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);

// For debugging, wait until a serial console is connected.
delay(4000);
while(!Serial);
Bridge.begin();
}
void loop()
{
if (numRuns <= maxRuns) {
Serial.println("Running GetWeatherByAddress - Run #" + String(numRuns++));

TembooChoreo GetWeatherByAddressChoreo;

// invoke the Temboo client
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.begin();

// set Temboo account credentials
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.setAccountName(TEMBOO_ACCOUNT);
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.setAppKeyName(TEMBOO_APP_KEY_NAME);
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.setAppKey(TEMBOO_APP_KEY);

// set choreo inputs
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.addInput("Address", "$$$$$");

// identify choreo to run
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.setChoreo("/Library/Yahoo/Weather/GetWeatherByAddress");

// run choreo; when results are available, print them to serial
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.run();

while(GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.available()) {
char c = GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.read();
Serial.print(c);
}
GetWeatherByAddressChoreo.close();

}

Serial.println("Waiting...");
delay(30000); // wait 30 seconds between GetWeatherByAddress calls
}

Hello all,

Sorry, I'm just not with it. I tried the GMail example from the Blog that was posted this week and I got the YUN to read my email and give me a count. I used the Serial port on COM to see the results not Serial through IP.

I applied that same thing to this issue. All the Serial information (weather from Yahoo!) is coming in on the COM port. I just pointed my YUN to my COM port and all the weather is coming in.

It Works!

Here is an example:

Running GetWeatherByAddress - Run #1
Response
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Yahoo! Weather - Franklin, WI http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/weather/Franklin__WI/*http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USWI0254_f.html Yahoo! Weather for Franklin, WI en-us Tue, 17 Sep 2013 6:51 pm CDT 60 Yahoo! Weather 142 18 http://weather.yahoo.com http://l.yimg.com/a/i/brand/purplelogo//uh/us/news-wea.gif Conditions for Franklin, WI at 6:51 pm CDT 42.89 -88.01 http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/weather/Franklin__WI/*http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USWI0254_f.html Tue, 17 Sep 2013 6:51 pm CDT <![CDATA[ ![](upload://6TakQTUhedqYvnVDfTvoupMVmsr.gif)

Current Conditions:

Mostly Cloudy, 61 F

Forecast:

Tue - Showers Late. High: 66 Low: 57

Wed - Scattered Thunderstorms. High: 78 Low: 65

Thu - Partly Cloudy. High: 85 Low: 64

Fri - Few Showers. High: 70 Low: 49

Sat - Partly Cloudy. High: 65 Low: 43

Full Forecast at Yahoo! Weather

(provided by The Weather Channel)

]]>
<yweather:forecast day="Tue" date="17 Sep 2013" low="57" high="66" text="Showers Late" code="45" />
<yweather:forecast day="Wed" date="18 Sep 2013" low="65" high="78" text="Scattered Thunderstorms" code="38" />
<yweather:forecast day="Thu" date="19 Sep 2013" low="64" high="85" text="Partly Cloudy" code="30" />
<yweather:forecast day="Fri" date="20 Sep 2013" low="49" high="70" text="Few Showers" code="11" />
<yweather:forecast day="Sat" date="21 Sep 2013" low="43" high="65" text="Partly Cloudy" code="30" />
USWI0254_2013_09_21_7_00_CDT

WOEID
HTTP_CODE
Waiting...
Running GetWeatherByAddress - Run #2

Hi IBE007, happy you've got it running. As you've correctly spotted, most of the examples require the serial port (the /dev/tty or COMx entry in the Port menu)

You've got that "unable to connect message" because that sketch does not use the Console. Console is just like Serial but works over network/wifi connections, not serial ones.

If you wish to see the Console working, check out ConsoleAsciiTable example and upload it via wifi

Hi,
I am testing my new purchase, an arduino yun bought in the Maker Faire event in Rome.
I am testing sht tamboo services and in particular the email example/service.
How to see if the program is running? I pened the serial monitor but the message "unable to ... bridge?"appairs.
The email does not arrive.
thanks a lot.
ciao
francesco

Hi fuscof
read my last post and double check you've selected the Serial port from the port menu (COM or /dev/tty...)

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Linux), Board: "Arduino Yún"

Bridge/Process.cpp.o: In function Process::runShellCommand(String const&)': /usr/share/arduino/libraries/Bridge/src/Process.cpp:125: undefined reference to operator delete(void*, unsigned int)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling.

This above error get displayed when I try to upload temboo sketches on arduino yun which is connected to other PC and there is a wired connection between a PC from where I am trying to upload and PC where arduino yun is connected(I tested it using PING cmd and got reply).

Please suggest me some solution,
Thanks