Go Down

Topic: [ask] using two led dot matix 8x8 be 16x8 using shift register (Read 2238 times) previous topic - next topic

jonnygreenwood

Sep 18, 2013, 04:57 pm Last Edit: Sep 18, 2013, 05:03 pm by jonnygreenwood Reason: 1
hi... im jonny from indonesian  :)

now im have trouble with my training using led dot matrix 8x8  =(  =( . and thats problem is how to join two led dot matrix 8x8 be 16[column] x 8[row] using shift register... and here im using four shift register. and i try do three days but still dont success ... anyone help ? about schema or anything,

see the below a my training  XD

position shift register

number 1 = shift ROWS
number 2 = shift COLUMN
number 3 = shift ROWS
number 4 = SHIFT COLUM

i do try a connect  number 3 to number 1 and number 4 to number 2 .. and failed .. and if i connect number 4 to number 3 and number 4 to number 1 . be two animation in two led dot matrix.. and hope result is LIKE RUNNING TEXT BUT THE TEXT CAN RUN THROUGH TWO LED DO MATRIX  =(  =(

any advice i will receive ..

regard and go open source  8)

PaulRB

Hi jonny,

I'm sorry but it is very difficult to understand what you are trying to do and what help you need. Your picture looks like a plate of noodles! Please post a schematic and your sketch. Use code tags around your sketch.

Paul

jonnygreenwood

Hi jonny,

I'm sorry but it is very difficult to understand what you are trying to do and what help you need. Your picture looks like a plate of noodles! Please post a schematic and your sketch. Use code tags around your sketch.

Paul

hi Paul

thx for reply

to the point whats i mean is " how to join 2 pieces led dot matix 8x8 be 16x8 using shift register" ?.

sorry i can't draw the schema for this.

:)

PaulRB

Do you have the circuit working for 1 8x8 matrix? If you can post schematic and sketch for that we can suggest the best and easiest way to add another 8x8 matrix.

If you are currently using 1 or 2 shift registers, then I guess you will need one more shift register. But need to know more about the Vff of the leds, your series resistors etc.

Paul

Go Up