Go Down

Topic: I2C EEPROM demo code (Read 8670 times) previous topic - next topic

ravenkallen

I don't think calling a newbie a "twit" is a particularly good way to start off, but i can overlook it. As previously stated, i am not very good with the arduino. I am still learning the basics(Blinking leds, learning the new language..ect) Could you please explain yourself a little more?

graymalkin

Well a newbie should crawl before walking, did you even look at any of the tutorials in general? I suggest you look at the structure of the arduino program, each program needs a setup and loop method.  Look up the blink tutorial and build from there. I feel entitled to call someone who bought a EEPROM before doing blink a twit.

ravenkallen

I have blinked several LED's(including a tri color LED) and have interfaced the Arduino to a serial LCD all without a single problem. I didn't BUY a EEPROM just for the ARDUINO... I have used it before on a Propeller and a Picaxe. I2C on the Arduino appears to be a lot more complicated than on any other one so far.....I can take constructive criticism, but calling me a "Twit" is only going to tick me off. You are just plain rude AND your sarcasm/ blatant bashing isn't going to solve anything.... People are so much nicer on the Parallax forum... I have read over the tutorials several times and sometimes, you gotta run before you can walk.

graymalkin

Right, not wanting to start a flame war then, it would be easy done, I shall point out that he four functions there are for reading and writing data to an EEPROM but don't do anything on their own.

Add
Code: [Select]
void setup(){
 // Startup code to run once
}

void loop(){
 // Code to use the EEPROM and other things you want to do again and again
}

Future referance, all arduino programs need a loop and a setup method, because Main is hidden from us, we get the ties onto the important parts of the program start like that.  

ravenkallen

Hey, Greymalkin I think we got off on the wrong foot. After thinking it over a little i will do as you instructed. I will learn more about the Arduino and the C++ structure., before moving on to more complicated interfacing. Apparently, the Arduino is a good/ fast micro controller and i want to learn how to use it(And learn to program in C++) While i still don't endorse name calling, i will apologize for my brashness. I tend to get ahead of myself only to realize i am not ready for the harder stuff....Forgive and forget(On both of our parts).... What do you say?

Go Up