Go Down

Topic: Seeeduino Stalker and FTDI cable (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Clemens

I tried to program the

Seeeduino Stalker v2.3
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Seeeduino_Stalker_v2.3

with a FTDI TTL-232 cable
http://www.adafruit.com/products/70

The cable connection I tried was:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/euphy/6030062024/
FTDI cable pin (goes to) STALKER pin
pin1 BLACK-GND goes to pin4 GND
pin2 BROWN not connected
pin3 RED-VCC goes to pin1 5v
pin4 ORANGE-TXD goes to pin2 RXD
pin5 YELLOW-RXD goes to pin3 TXD
pin6 GREEN-RTS goes to pin5 DTR

I used "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8MHz) w/ ATmega 328"  as board type. But got this message:

Binary sketch size: 1,108 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
processing.app.SerialException: Serial port 'COM17' already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
   at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:171)
   at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:77)
   at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:77)
   at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:174)
   at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:67)
   at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1671)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1627)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1599)
   at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2380)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Serial port 'COM17' already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
   at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:101)
   at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:174)
   at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:67)
   at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1671)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1627)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1599)
   at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2380)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

COM17 must be the right one, I updated the FTDI dirver also but nothing was helpful. Any ideas?

Clemens

It turns out that the FTDI adapter is also not working on other Arduino boards. I installed the latest FTDI driver, but nothing changed. Uninstalling and re-installing made also no difference. So I'm a bit lost what else to do ...

Coding Badly

When you connect the FTDI adapter to the computer, does COM17 appear in Device Manager?

When you disconnect the FTDI adapter from the computer, does COM17 disappear from Device Manager?

Clemens

Yes, both happens. The port/device is showing up in the the device manager as well as in the Arduino IDE by plugging in and disappeards by removing.

Coding Badly

The most likely culprit is a PDA / mobile phone application.

Clemens

Wow, excellent! I will nominate you for the "truffle pig" of the month. ;-) Never thought about such stuff as cause. This was the reason, a SE mobile app. After uninstalling it all worked fine! Thanks a lot! 

Coding Badly

You are welcome.  I'm glad to know you have it working.

Go Up