The HAXoDROME

Hey folks,

This is somewhat a project, or a project within a project!

As I continue to to grow more proficient with Arduino as well as my field of study as an embedded systems software engineer, I felt that it would be appropriate to create an online show as I continue my experimentations with embedded systems such as the Arduino.

It's called HAXoDROME (or the colloquial term for a race track of hacking), it's an online Youtube show that streams every week on Sunday 9:00PM Pacific Standard Time

Here's the link: THE HAXoDROME - YouTube

On the first episode I introduce the Arduino and begin experimentation on the video out, I goofed up the stream, added a supplemental video at the end stating what will be happening from here on out and then Episode 2, huge improvements were made.

So right now on Haxodrome I'm trying to build a basic 'gaming console' using the Arduino and supplemental tech. I've just got some DB9 jacks, a decent project case and some other goodies that I'll be resting the Arduino in and using as a case (Which will be shown this weekend), I'll also be scooping up a Yamaha soundchip to do the FM sound synthasis and sound processing. It will be a fun project!

So if you're interested, tune in an watch! they're pretty lengthy, about an hour or two but an absolute fun to do, in fact, I could use the forum's help as to how I should gear the show and how it should evolve, as well as what I could potentially be missing in order to make it better.

Rock on!

Man I really hope I put this post in the right sub-forum, if not, I totally apologize in advance! XD

Here is the newly constructed case for it. The specs for it are:

• Composite Video Out
  • Mono audio (possibly 4 channel audio mux)
  • One DB9 controller jack (two in the future)
  • Ethernet for basic TCP/UDP communications for 'online games'
  • There will be a future slot for the SD card to load any preset games or an equivalent
  • Green power status light

Boots up normally at the moment and runs through its demo, I just need to pinout the controller port on the digital IO and fit an FM chip for sound.

Inside the chassis is an Arduino MEGA ADK and two modular mini breadboards for expansion and ICs

2013-10-15 00.11.12.jpg

2013-10-15 00.13.31.jpg