Go Down

Topic: Brand new Arduino robot - what should the preloaded files on SD card be? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jmorel

I want to verify I have the proper files on my preloaded SD card that came with the new Arduino Robot.

'Getting Started' on the website, http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Robot
says:

Content on the SD card

The SD card is used to store information for the robot to read. It comes preloaded with images and sound files used in the Explore examples. Once comfortable with the robot's functionality, you should be able to add your own files. If you ever accidentally remove files used by the explore sketches, you can copy them over from the SDcontent directory found in the robot library. Alternatively you can download the files from github repo

Unfortunately I can find no SDcontent directory in my downloaded Arduino software, nor does this github link work (gives a 404, file not found error).

Currently I have the following files on my SD card, but I had transferred some on before I knew to do so via the Arduiono IDE, and I never recorded what I originally had.  I have also put a sketch on, R02_Line_Follow, but I don't see that in the list.  (I am new to this, so maybe it is elsewhere in a different area of memory?).  I do think some of the needed images for this sketch are on the SD card, not sure if this is a co-incidence or not.  Any info would be welcome!!!!!
- Thank you!!

Here is a written list if the image of the files didn't get inserted or attached as I expected:
chase.sqm
inicio.bmp
init.bmp
init2.bmp
init3.bmp
init4.bmp
intro.bmp
kt1.bmp
kt2.bmp
If.bmp
Ig0.bmp
melody.sqm
menu.sqm
pb.bmp
pic1.bmp
pic2.bmp
pic3.bmp
pic4.bmp
R01_Logo.ino
rescue.bmp

mactsk

I have also put a sketch on, R02_Line_Follow, but I don't see that in the list.  (I am new to this, so maybe it is elsewhere in a different area of memory?).

The sketch is loaded in the Atmega chip, not in the sd.
The Arduino IDE is unable to copy anything in the SD, it only talks via serial port to the Atmega itself, you should use arduino IDE 1.5.4 to upload sketches to the robot.
you miss the lg1.bmp and have an unnecessary R01_Logo.ino

Unfortunately I can find no SDcontent directory in my downloaded Arduino software, nor does this github link work (gives a 404, file not found error).

Welcome to the fabulous world of the unsupported arduino robot!  :0
I have taken the contents of my sd card, here it is. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8328992/arduino/Robot.zip

Go Up