Go Down

Topic: (SOLVED) Arduino IDE not accepting any keyboard input whatsoever (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

brian15co

Oct 27, 2013, 02:10 am Last Edit: Oct 28, 2013, 05:22 am by brian15co Reason: 1
Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble with the IDE on a certain computer. It is a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I'm not sure if Arduino sketches have been run on this particular computer before  I have tried so far restarting the computer, opening a new IDE, opening one of my existing sketches, reinstalling (downloading) the IDE, and opening a new file from within the IDE.

The background seems to be grayed out. It lets me highlight things and copy. the text can be pasted into other applications. Nothing can be pasted into the IDE.

I'm trying to install the Eclipse plugin as a workaround, but am struggling with that as well. I get stuck at "Please provide the Arduino informtion". Everything is gray with no options to select

brian15co

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble with the IDE on a certain computer. It is a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I'm not sure if Arduino sketches have been run on this particular computer before  I have tried so far restarting the computer, opening a new IDE, opening one of my existing sketches, reinstalling (downloading) the IDE, and opening a new file from within the IDE.

The background seems to be grayed out. It lets me highlight things and copy. the text can be pasted into other applications. Nothing can be pasted into the IDE.

I'm trying to install the Eclipse plugin as a workaround, but am struggling with that as well. I get stuck at "Please provide the Arduino informtion". Everything is gray with no options to select

nickgammon

Try setting the application to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

nickgammon

Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

cmiyc

In preferences, uncheck the "use external editor" box.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

brian15co

In preferences, uncheck the "use external editor" box.

Ah, yes. Exactly. Thank you guys very much!

(I wasn't allowed to delete my double post).

Go Up