Go Down

Topic: Questions regarding a circuit for driving a motor (Read 4391 times) previous topic - next topic

dc42

Would that work, or do you mean that I would have to disconnect the power to my e-spinner, flip the switch to change the direction of the motor, and then re-power my circuit again to resume spinning?

That will work just fine. There is no need to disconnect the power, if you always (or nearly always) turn off the mosfet and wait a fraction of a second for the back emf to dissipate through the flyback diode, before you flip the switch. And a readily-available switch rated for 250V 15A AC should be just fine, even though it will be passing (but not breaking) DC.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Candice

Thanks for your perseverence and patience explaining that dc42.  Off to get myself a switch!

Thanks also to everyone who took the time to comment on this thread - you all rock.  :)

Candice

Go Up