Go Down

Topic: Windows stops receiving data from the serial port with bluetooth (Read 2572 times) previous topic - next topic

lcruz007

Hi,

I have my Arduino constantly sending data via bluetooth using an HC-05 bluetooth module. I am using a bluetooth dongle connected to my computer to communicate with the HC-05. The serial data received from the bluetooth works great on Ubuntu. However, when I try it on Windows 8 something weird happens...

I get data from the serial port for a few seconds, it works great during that time even though the bluetooth status on Windows says "Not Connected" (I don't know why it says not connected even if it's receiving data!). However, after approximately a minute, the serial data stops showing on the screen, it just stops all of a sudden. I have tried reading the COM port using python and putty.

I am using Windows 8.1 Preview. I have tried everything, like reinstalling the drivers. The problem still persists, and I haven't been able to find much information about this problem. Does anyone have any idea of why is this happening?

Thanks in advance.

MAS3

Did you check windows power settings ?
Windows likes to shut down USB and communication devices if they are not in use (or the OS "thinks" so).
Just like a screensaver.
Have a lot of fun finding these settings, i can't tell you where to find it.
I'd like to stay as far away from windows 8.x crap as possible.

No idea why windows tells you there's no connection.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Go Up