Go Down

Topic: Arduino in OS X 10.9 Mavericks - Serial Port Issues (Read 144218 times) previous topic - next topic

entur

hi friends, have a serial problem :smiley-eek-blue:,

when I try to put the kext in terminal on mac, asking me to comfirme the password but will not let me write to comfirmed ... it can be due?

thanks n sorry for my inglish!!

casselli

this worked for me thank you, having a hell of a time getting arduino and processing to work together problem seems to be in the line that assigns the connection to be my arduino usb connection. Using old tutorials from o'rielly, bought the arduino/processing tutorials but can't get the arduino and processing sketches to talk to each other. Dropped the baud rate to match the arduino, 9600, loaded the firmata  to my board(using a duemilinova board as that is what came with the tutorial(also using the projbox) thought I would step back and work through the basics, but unfortunately the environment that is used is outdated but have found work arounds. Trying to make this as easy as possible, want to use it for teaching but have run into too many hiccups and find myself distracted by the difficultiesSo frustrating when thinking that processing is for people that have limited or no relationship with code-Translates to HOURS of frustration. Really want to introduce students to processing and then connect to the arduino environment but the frustration I have been experiencing makes it difficult to put together a lesson plan and workflow criteria-too many problems and don't want to be dealing with them in class any suggestions?

alvi

Nothing has workded: neither this guide, nor substituting the USB cable...
But I get the problem ONLY with Arduino Robot... no problem with Mega and Due  :~  :~

Alvise

Radheya

I am also having the same problem apple support is also uselesss please if anyone can I guide me It will be soo nice of you   =(

ronaldfw

FWIW, for me simply using a different USB port helped.

MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.4, Arduino IDE 1.5.7, and Arduino Uno.

PixelatedAnalog

Awesome. Thanks apple. The solutions listed here do not work. Now I can't program arduino. I could try a usb hub, but really it should work. I hope it's fixed in Yosemite or something?

markfickett

Worked for me, thanks!

I actually didn't disable the default drivers, nor restart; I just reinstalled the FTDI drivers from ftdichip.com, restarted the Arduino IDE, and was in business.

I had been having issues with an Arduino LilyPad 328, and with an Arduino Pro Mini 3.3v + FTDI breakout. I'd get a processing.app.SerialException, or errors like "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x18", and the tx/rx lights on the FTDI breakout wouldn't blink.

zootalaws

Having the same problem. This solution did not work on 2 different Macs. At this point we must consider that Mac Mavericks will be unusable on Arduino. The Arduino home page should list there products as no long compatible with Macintosh until this is fixed. Such a shame. I was really getting into using Arduino products but will have to quit until this is resolved.
What a pile of cr@p. I use 4 different arduino models with my Mavericks (and now, Yosemite) equipped Macs and they all worked flawlessly.

At this point we must consider that jlefevre1 isn't really that good with computers and should consult a small child to do things for him.

Such a shame.

zootalaws

this worked for me thank you, having a hell of a time getting arduino and processing to work together problem seems to be in the line that assigns the connection to be my arduino usb connection. Using old tutorials from o'rielly, bought the arduino/processing tutorials but can't get the arduino and processing sketches to talk to each other. Dropped the baud rate to match the arduino, 9600, loaded the firmata  to my board(using a duemilinova board.... Really want to introduce students to processing and then connect to the arduino environment but the frustration I have been experiencing makes it difficult to put together a lesson plan and workflow criteria-too many problems and don't want to be dealing with them in class any suggestions?
Me too.

There is a mismatch in the TxRx libraries between Processing and Arduino.

I ended up going back to "stable" releases (1.0.6 Arduino, whatever on Processing) then pulling the serial components from inside Arduino and sticking them in Processing and voila! All my problems disappeared.

right click > show package contents on arduino then Contents > resources > java > rxtxcomm.jar and librxtxSerial.jnilib, copy those files into  Processing > contents > resources > java > modes > java > libraries > serial then paste the rxtxcomm.jar in to that folder and then the librxtxSerial.jnilib into the macosx folder. 

If that doesn't work, drop me a line.

deanlie

Thanks! I had the same "programmer not responding" error with my OSEPP Uno R3 Plus board. This fixed it and my Uno is now blinking merrily away.

sakumatto

I could not get more than 4 USB ports to show. After changing USB cable to other slot it started working on my 10.9 iMac 27"

I had, however, installed numerous driver prior to this trying to figure what was wrong, so I don't know if it was the cable move or one of the driver combined with the cable move ...

Saku

gadams999

OP's solution worked for me (Macbook Pro, Mavericks 10.9.5). I had used the IDE 1.0.5 to test with my Sainsmart Nano 3.0. The first one or two downloads worked fine, the the timeout (cannot connect to programmer). Luckily I was at a Maker meetup and pointed this way regarding the FTDI drivers.

Move the Apple kext to the side and installed FTDI VCP drivers and the 1.5.8 IDE. Blink sketch working fine, looking forward to getting my projects going!

Thanks again for the writeup, worked like a charm!

kod398

Bad cable!

Went through the entire feed and tried all suggestions. in a last stitch effort i tried a different cable ... & success!!

sandyleo26

Thanks, Adams. It works for me as well. I'm using OS 10.9.3. Before I applied your fix, I tried to install the FTDI driver but no luck. Then I followed your fix and a restart then the Blink example works. Thanks a lot.

sandyleo26

Thanks, Adams. It works for me as well. I'm using OS 10.9.3. Before I applied your fix, I tried to install the FTDI driver but no luck. Then I followed your fix and a restart then the Blink example works. Thanks a lot.

Go Up