Go Down

Topic: CR2032 Lithium cells are rechargeable? (Read 45370 times) previous topic - next topic

ehrja

I know this batteries are for long time using for example clocks or even PC's motherboard have one similar and they no lose they'er voltage; I also reed somewhere, I don't remember where, that the lithium cells are rechargeable for long durability.

Well it may look that I already know all about it but the true is that I'm not sure at all about it, I have some cells of this kind and they have 0 volts.

It may bee? or it is actually? or what?
Hope you all can answer me with out send me to search in Google.  =(
thank you all.  XD
Hola buenos días!

CrossRoads

I don't think CR2032s are intended to be recharged.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

ehrja

I'm watching this CR2032 charger but there is something different they need lithium - ion cell battery

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIR-2032-Charger-2xLIR-2032-3-6V-Li-Ion-Button-Cell-/110746025741?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c8fa3f0d
Hola buenos días!

jremington

There are these CR2450 rechargeable lithium ion coin cells, https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10319 but you need special charging circuitry and discharge protection to use them safely. See the comments on the SparkFun product page.

ehrja

thank you all

yes the rechargeable ones are the lithium ion and they'r LIR XXXX where XXXX is the number of the model, you know like LIR2032
well this is useful because I have a mini project with RGB led lights and they many need to fit in a little space (I'll use an attyny13) , a little porcelain home,  and I'll use  a mini solar panel.

by the way  my parents has a pair of glasses that has leds and they need 4 CR1632 well.
Hola buenos días!

fungus

All batteries are rechargeable to some extent, the question is how well do they recharge.

In the case of a CR2023 the answer will be "terrible" - they simply aren't designed for it. You'd have to recharge very slowly (maybe a week) and it will probably only have a fraction of the charge of a new one.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

elac

Good to know that the LIR2032 can be re-charged as all the DS1307 modules I have came with those cells.
It's all about the skills

Cactusface

Nov 19, 2013, 03:09 pm Last Edit: Nov 19, 2013, 03:17 pm by Cactusface Reason: 1
Hi,
    I have just found a rechargeable  CR2032 in the CPC (UK) Catalogue and only 89p+vat, but even so I don't think I need them as the normal cell last for years as an RTC backup, which is what I use it for, I suppose 2 could give you 6V for a very low powered stand-by application. Spec: 65mAh tagged for vertical PCB mounting, battery chemistry not stated.

That's a very expensive changer that is not really needed!  unless their Lithium poly or Ion!!  I would just tricke change them thro a resistor/diode, but then I'm a bit foolish at times.

Regards

Mel.
Open your mind! But not too far, your brains might fall out.
Also like Photography, model building and my 300+ Cacti and Succs.

MarkT

All batteries are rechargeable to some extent

No, some are not, zinc-air and aluminium-air cells for instance cannot be recharged.  Many
that are not intended to be recharged can build up explosive hydrogen gas at high
pressure if re-charging is attempted, and can explode.  A rechargable (secondary) cell
is one that can be repeatedly recharged without hazard and without significant loss of
capacity.  Although you can for instance recharge alkalines to some extent they don't
fit this definition.  Even if the chemistry is reversible, secondary batteries require that
the plates reform in a mechanically sound condition upon recharge, repeatedly, which is
the tricky thing.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

fungus

No, some are not, zinc-air and aluminium-air cells for instance cannot be recharged.

Obviously I mean the batteries we actually own and use every day, not some exotic ones that nobody's ever seen.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

retrolefty

No, some are not, zinc-air and aluminium-air cells for instance cannot be recharged.

Obviously I mean the batteries we actually own and use every day, not some exotic ones that nobody's ever seen.

:D :D

Lets not forget lemons and metal spikes.

fungus

Lets not forget lemons and metal spikes.

You mean lemons aren't rechargeable?

elac

You mean lemons aren't rechargeable?

If you tap them while their growing on the tree, they will be...to an extent.
It's all about the skills

argilaga

They are not intended to be recharged, but it's possible. I show how to recharge them with Arduino in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJ2Up3U9AQ

Have fun!

Southpark

Mar 28, 2018, 05:37 pm Last Edit: Mar 28, 2018, 05:38 pm by Southpark
Try "ML2032"

Go Up