Go Down

Topic: Max7219 and Capacitors (Read 5467 times) previous topic - next topic

Paul__B

each chip can power 32 Red Green [Yellow] signals,

Good trick, given that they are single aspect signals and the dual-colour LEDs are very well diffused, which can be a problem.

sensai

Thanks I just ordered that myself.

CrossRoads

Well, when you multiplex Red & Green right next to each other at 800 Hz, its gonna look  yellow/amberish.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Paul__B

Well, when you multiplex Red & Green right next to each other at 800 Hz, its gonna look  yellow/amberish.

As long as the LEDs are well diffused or at a fair distance.  One tends to examine model railways quite close up.  (That's the fun of it.)

CrossRoads

Well, the original description "I am daisy chaining two or three of these, for more 8x8 led grids" hardly implies model railway use. Please keep your comments within the context of the question.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up