Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] Arduino drivers for Windows 8.1 64bit (Read 251686 times) previous topic - next topic

sket0714

hackr

Windows drivers work fine and are up to date. I haven't yet had a chance to access a Windows 8.1, but IDE and drivers installed flawlessly on a Windows 7 and a Windows 10
I'm sorry but you are flat out wrong. Arduino drivers do not work on Windows 8.1

krumly

I know this is an older thread, but the problem of installing drivers for Arduino boards in Windows 8.1 64 bit pro is definitely NOT fixed.  I am trying to get Windows to recognize and assign a com port to genuine Arduino Uno, genuine Arduino Mega2560, DFRobot Uno clone, and another Mega 2560 clone. 

ALL of these boards get assigned a COM port and show up under Ports in Device Manager a desktop running Windows 7 64 bit Pro and can be connected to in Arduino IDE 1.6.1.  NONE of these boards show up under Ports in Device Manager on my HP EliteBook laptop running Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro. The genuine Arduino boards get identified, with an exclamation, under Other Devices in Device Manager.

With Driver Signature Verification disabled in 8.1, I tried uninstalling and re-installing both Arduino 1.6.5 and 1.0.5 and installing the Arduino drivers manually.  I tried installing aruino.inf with a right mouse click. Failed.  I tried running dpinst-amd64.exe.  Failed- the 3 applicable driver files had red X after this.  I tried updating drivers manually through device manager, browsing to the arduino.inf file and even selecting board-specific files that appeared by unchecking the 'show compatible drivers' checkbox.  I tried the Compaq modem trick, but no modems appear in my version of windows,  and I can't find a legit driver for that modem online.

I'm sitting here dead in the water with several boards, and no way to program them on the computer that also has all the other CAD and 3D printer stuff related to the project.  Very frustrating...

hatchett

I know this is an older thread, but the problem of installing drivers for Arduino boards in Windows 8.1 64 bit pro is definitely NOT fixed.  I am trying to get Windows to recognize and assign a com port to genuine Arduino Uno, genuine Arduino Mega2560, DFRobot Uno clone, and another Mega 2560 clone. 

ALL of these boards get assigned a COM port and show up under Ports in Device Manager a desktop running Windows 7 64 bit Pro and can be connected to in Arduino IDE 1.6.1.  NONE of these boards show up under Ports in Device Manager on my HP EliteBook laptop running Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro. The genuine Arduino boards get identified, with an exclamation, under Other Devices in Device Manager.

With Driver Signature Verification disabled in 8.1, I tried uninstalling and re-installing both Arduino 1.6.5 and 1.0.5 and installing the Arduino drivers manually.  I tried installing aruino.inf with a right mouse click. Failed.  I tried running dpinst-amd64.exe.  Failed- the 3 applicable driver files had red X after this.  I tried updating drivers manually through device manager, browsing to the arduino.inf file and even selecting board-specific files that appeared by unchecking the 'show compatible drivers' checkbox.  I tried the Compaq modem trick, but no modems appear in my version of windows,  and I can't find a legit driver for that modem online.

I'm sitting here dead in the water with several boards, and no way to program them on the computer that also has all the other CAD and 3D printer stuff related to the project.  Very frustrating...

doorbell_engineer

I install driver for WIN8.1 64, after I read usb integrate on board Arduino UNO. CH340G (read from USB IC) then google search for driver. For advanced restart you can find under: Settings/Change PC settings/update and recovery/recovery.

Arduino UNO clone work under win8.1 64  !!

Thanks

rezjat

Exactly... None of previous or other methods worked for me.

Solution: I found the device I own by pluging it to other computer (running Windows 7), I took note of the model showed in "device manager" under ports list (in my case it was CH340), I searched for a driver for this device, and... Worked!

Cheers.

massaad

how to solve it?
i can't install the driver

hf64

byrev's post got me moving in the right direction, given I have a Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit HP Envy laptop
and I was getting Code 10 errors as to installing the driver the usual way for my new Arduino Uno R3.

But rather than install the driver the straightforward way, what finally worked for me was to
re-plug my Arduino into the laptop's USB port (of course)
navigate to the Arduino/drivers directory, right click the
arduino.cat
and select Open
In the new dialog window, click the View Signature button.
In the next window, click the View Certificate button.
Now in this window, click Install Certificate
Windows could then successfully install the included signed driver
(which in this release has an end date of Jan. 18, 2017, BTW)

Then when I opened the Windows View Devices and Printers, it named the device
USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM3)

I could confirm this once I started the IDE Arduino 1.6.12.
Under the Tools menu, the type of device Arduino Uno, and the port COM3, matching the above,
were in fact selected automatically.

Then I selected the Example/Basics/Blink,
uploaded that, and saw that the blink rate of the on-board LED out of the box was now slowed to
once per second, as the example is supposed to do.

Hope all this detail helps other newbies, especially younger folks like my kid who can now just worry about his own code and not the install, hopefully :)

SwatichX

I am trying to install  the Galileo driver.
These are the steps:

Step1: Install the driver by using this link:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24748/Intel-Galileo-Firmware-Updater-and-Drivers-1-0-4

Step2: Open Device Manager and tried adding the driver manually by clicking on the Gadget serial V2.4--> right Click---> update driver software-->Browse the comp-->C:\Galileo\Galileo Driver---> Next
Then the Error pops saying
"Window found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it".

Go Up