Buy Atmega 2560 CHIP or similar chips having at least 64k on-chip

Where can I get Atmega 2560 chip(not board) or similar chips having at least 64kb on-chip memory and at least 30 GPIO's in India ?

I am doing a project involving :

touch-screen +LCD+SDCard :
http://www.digibay.in/display/lcd/235-3-2-inches-wide-tft-lcd-module-400x240-with-sd-card-slot-and-touch-panel OR
http://www.digibay.in/display/lcd/2-4-in-tft-lcd-display-65k-colors-320x240-touch-sd-slot

The Atmega328p chip runs out of both pins and memory in making the project run.

I have a budget for the project.The lesser it is the more better the project is.If not possible by any means then I will increase the budget. smiley-cry

I thought of using two atmega328p chips as these are very cheap ~230INR in probots.co.in so that the entire budget of the project is 230x2 + 999/1299 = 1359/1659
But it is also not possible since I'll have to send data among them and I THINK ( ie. not tested and verified) they'll run out of memory and pins.

Arduino Mega 2560 R3 is the solution to the problem but as I've mentioned I need to cut my budget.

The bare-bones micro-controller of Mega will work perfectly but I'm unable to find anybody selling it .
It will be helpful for me if somebody knows any place/store where it is available.

Also if you know any other cheap AVR/PIC/Texas instruments boards/chips that can perform the job and is cheap and available in india (please refer the best store) it will do for me .

Thank You for your time and generosity.

How about ATmega1284P?
~$8US, 128K flash memory, 16k SRAM, 4K EEPROM, 32 IO pins.
Available in DIP also, vs 2560 which is surface mount only.
Here is one on a Duemilanove like board (FTDI interface vs Atmega16U2 interface)
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

I wasn't sure when you said 64k of memory, whether you meant flash rom for holding the program, or SRAM for holding the dynamic read/write memory. If you need more SRAM, you might want to think about a Teensy 3.1 that was just released. It is an ARM chip that runs at 3.3v, has 256k of flash memory, 64k of SRAM, 34 pins (though a few of the pins are analog only pins): PJRC Store

in India ?

I don't have any idea. In the US, I would be looking at "real" electronics distributers like Digikey, Mouser, Newark, or Avnet.
But I have to admit that it is only "relatively recently" that such companies have been willing to accept small orders from individuals, rather than large orders from corporations with established credit ratings. (well, not entirely. Digikey used to be a hobbyist supplier, way back when, and has grown into what it is today. Of course, "way back when", Atmel wouldn't have sold chips to a hobbyist supplier like the old digikey, either.)

I did some research on my own and found the atmega 128 most suitable . thanks @CrossRoads.
Thank you others for your valuable time.

I have another question : can the atmega128 be interfaced with FTDI chip directly without atmega 16u2 ?

Yes, that's what CrossRoads' board does.
He designs boards like these and is selling them (click !).
Maybe ordering a board there is the right way for you.
See if shipping from Boston to India is possible (ask CrossRoads).

Yes, the atmega128 can be interfaced with FTDI chip directly - it's Rx/Tx connect to the FTDI chip.

Atmega128 as a board type does not exist in Aduino-land, you will have to create a few files to support it. If you look at the Arduino file structure, you can see how a new Variant will be needed, with boards.txt and pins_arduino.h.

These 2 files were created for the Atmega2561, which looks to be similar to the 128, maybe a good starting point.

I have shipped boards to India, USPS flat rate shipping took several weeks to clear customs. Purchaser suggested paying for FedEX/DHL type service next time (lot pricier tho).

boards.txt (15.7 KB)

pins_arduino.h (9.31 KB)