Go Down

Topic: Using Arduino components to control movements: is it possible? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Alex_Co

Good morning,

I'm Alessandro, and I'm new in this website, but I already want to make a project using Arduino technology.
But before I can start, I need to ask you an important question. As stated in the title, is it possible to control movements through Arduino components? But what I mean is not movements made thanks to simple wheels.
What I mean is movements made with upper and lower limbs (like some robots that are built with arms and legs.

Because I want to make a robot that can move thanks upper and lower limbs. But I don't want to make it complex.
I want to give it simple movements (arms up and down, arms backwards and forwards, legs movements to move backwards and forwards and a simple rotation of the right arm). You can see my idea in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0b2NemGNn4 from minute 0:21 to 0:42 (ignore the moment when it punch itself).

Would it be possible?  :) :smiley-surprise:

(I'm new in this website so, if I put the question in the wrong section of the Forum, please tell me)

JimboZA

Jan 10, 2014, 09:21 am Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014, 09:23 am by JimboZA Reason: 1
Have a look here.

Each movement is controlled by a servo, and the servos in turn are controlled by an Arduino. So two servos in the base turn it and move the bottom limb. Another servo in the base moves the "elbow" by a lever (rather than having the heavy servo in the elbow itself). A small servo in the wrist handles the end effector.

EDIT.... Having said that, remember that the Arduino "components" are only the processor side of things, along with a few shields. Motors, sensors and so on are not Arduino parts. Have a look around sites like Pololu, Sparkfun and adafruit.
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

Alex_Co

Have a look here.

Each movement is controlled by a servo, and the servos in turn are controlled by an Arduino. So two servos in the base turn it and move the bottom limb. Another servo in the base moves the "elbow" by a lever (rather than having the heavy servo in the elbow itself). A small servo in the wrist handles the end effector.

EDIT.... Having said that, remember that the Arduino "components" are only the processor side of things, along with a few shields. Motors, sensors and so on are not Arduino parts. Have a look around sites like Pololu, Sparkfun and adafruit.

Thank you for your answer. You found exactly what I was looking for! Now I can start the project. Thank you so much! You're answer has been very helpful!  :D XD :)

Go Up