Go Down

Topic: guard dog bot with motion activated security zones?? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

megaBlocks

Jan 17, 2014, 05:05 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2014, 08:25 am by megaBlocks Reason: 1
Hi,

i was thing of an idea of attaching motion sensors located around the exterior of a house (near doors and windows).
when motion was detected from the outside at a specific location a type of robot would wheel over to that position and start playback of a growling sound file played through subwoofers attached to the chassis.

if the position is located at a door the dog-bot would have little scratches things to make it sound convincing like dog paws on the door and a bumper that would bump the door periodically, or if rugged enough it might just ram the door to make it seem as though a real dog is trying to get out and eat you!!

this would only work of course if the intruder never sees the robot (so window shades need to be closed anywhere the robot might be visible).

megaBlocks

Jan 17, 2014, 07:26 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2014, 08:26 am by megaBlocks Reason: 1
[update]

so i gathered up some parts to try to get this project rolling.

i was thinking of using a Parallax P8x32A propeller for the servo arm signal generation because it has high speed counters and 8 parallel processors allowing the servo algorithms run very smooth even while simultaneously reading in positioning data.

though i have yet to use an Atmega chip for this purpose. i was reading about assembly on arduino and still have much to learn.

i assume you bit-bang the timer's registers after adjusting the pwm frequency to match the requirements of the servo? or are there any higher level implementations for more direct servo control? because im not sure if the way i explained is correct or how it would affect timing on higher levels (like Serial or Ethernet library)??

Go Up