Go Down

Topic: Sound gets distored when going thru digital pot (Read 5809 times) previous topic - next topic

bratan

Jan 29, 2014, 09:35 pm Last Edit: Jan 29, 2014, 11:12 pm by bratan Reason: 1
Thanks guys! Got it working with help from you and guys at DIYAudio forums.
I also had to add (R5,R7) 47K resistors (towards ground) otherwise a little sound would bleed thru.   And R8/R9 100K resistor to bleed charge out of C3/C4 so it doesn't kill my speaker.
Learned how to use LT Spice emulator in the process, very useful!
But by solving one issue I created another one. Now every time I change volume I hear loud pop (higher volume, louder the pop). I read that it's problem with generic digital pots :(   It looks like I might have to switch to PGA2310 or something similar designed for audio...

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, etc.

CrossRoads

Ooh, wish you had an oscilloscope so we could see what was happening on the pop.
Gotta be the part going open circuit or closed circuit internally as it switches, something like that.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

bratan

Ooh, wish you had an oscilloscope so we could see what was happening on the pop.
Gotta be the part going open circuit or closed circuit internally as it switches, something like that.

I have one actually, been using it to monitor sine wave while tweaking resistor values in this circuit... I'll see what I can detect with it..
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, etc.

Go Up