Go Down

Topic: atmega computation (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

son032290

good day every one! can anybody show me the formula for computation of component of atmega329. for example. the value of the capacitor and crystal oscillator. how can i be sure that 22pf is the right value that i need to use. pls help. thank

Riva

You need to look at the datasheet for the crystal and it should indicate what value capacitors you need.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

son032290

i need a prove that the value i used is the right one. i need to show using a equation

Carlmikael

You can get the value from the datasheet. There is no equation. Who needs proof?

westfw

retrolefty

good day every one! can anybody show me the formula for computation of component of atmega329. for example. the value of the capacitor and crystal oscillator. how can i be sure that 22pf is the right value that i need to use. pls help. thank

Well there is a formula and may be shown in the datasheet for the crystal resonator. However the bottom line is the 'padding caps' are of the proper value when the crystal is oscillating at it's specified (labeled) frequency at a specified temperature. How accurate you need your specific AVR chip to run at is your decision and adjusting the 'padding caps' is your only handle to that task.

son032290

Go Up