Go Down

Topic: Parola for arduino problem. My texts are reversed! (Read 14987 times) previous topic - next topic

prawnballnightmare

Hello, I'm not sure how to do that, but others may be able to help. Before they do I would ask, are you sure you need to make a 5th hardware profile? I too thought I had hardware not covered by the 4 options, but when I oriented the matrix chain with the inputs on the Right and loaded the MD_MAX72XX_HW_Mapper.ino, following the instructions with the panel oriented correctly gave me a different hardware config,

When I had it incorrect, the panel largely worked but with certain weird problems, like reversed order or upside down letters.

Best of luck

marco_c

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that a commercially purchased matrix module needs another profile - there has been no need for at least 5 years. You are going to have to be very convincing that this is really the problem. You can start by posting a link to where you purchased the module.

Please make sure you are following the correct setup instructions outlined in the posts above, particularly
Wire up your matrix so that the IN side is connected to the Arduino. Orient the matrix so that the IN side is on the right as you look at the matrix.
Arduino Libraries https://github.com/MajicDesigns?tab=Repositories
Parola for Arduino https://github.com/MajicDesigns/Parola
Arduino++ blog https://arduinoplusplus.wordpress.com

Paul__B

A "generic" module is almost always going to be an FC-16 for which only that single specification needs to be made in the MD_MAX72XX code.  Once you start making other alterations you are in deep trouble!

I am fascinated that prawnballnightmare in particular, and Marco in general have responded specifically to reactivation of this thread, while Marco may simply spend more time browsing more forum sections than I do,  presumably prawnballnightmare had a thread follow-up (email) notification.  :smiley-lol:

I have yet to put my green 8-panel display into service.  The first problem was that these panels did not have the matrices socketed and come with right-angle pins fitted at each end.  To join them it is necessary to cut off the pins on the "out" end, prise off the pin retainer strips, de-solder the stubs of the pins and clear the holes, bend the pins on the second strip over into a "U" and re-solder them to the first.  I am then left to deal with the pins at each end, simply cutting off those at the second "out" end and will probably have to remove those at the "in" end and solder wires directly.

The sensible way for these to have been assembled, as with the I2C "backpacks" for the LCD displays, would have been for the right angle pins to have been mounted facing inward along the displays, but as the matrices are not socketed and mounted flush to the board, it is impossible to correct this horrible mistake!  :smiley-eek:

prawnballnightmare

Ha, yes I did get a follow-up notification. This represents a short but very frustrating period of my life.

Paul__B

Feb 15, 2020, 12:09 am Last Edit: Feb 15, 2020, 12:10 am by Paul__B
Actually, you must have a very quiet lifestyle indeed if you can actually find such a notification amongst your email.  :smiley-cool:

prawnballnightmare

I'm getting off topic, but I think we're entering the age of effective priority inbox algorithms.

Go Up