Go Down

Topic: Flashing Grbl to a Mega 2560? (Read 16083 times) previous topic - next topic

unicornswag

I recently built a small CNC, planning to use grbl as my control software. However, now that my CNC is ready to go, I found out that grbl is not exactly compatible with my Mega 2650. Trying to flash a compiled hex yields a "programmer not responding" error. I need to use a customized setup of grbl v0.7 to support phase stepping. So if anyone out there has a Mega running grbl, how did you get it flashed and working? Any suggestions.

LETARTARE

casvandegoor

Hi Unicornswag,

Did you resolve the issue?
I also have an Arduino Mega 2560 and I also want to use phase stepping (instead of step/direction).
I can upload the hex file using XLoader, but the Arduino IDE and Grbl Controller don't seem to recognize Grbl.
Is it simply not possible to upload Grbl to Arduino Mega via a hex uploader?
Uploading using library does seem to work (even if the Grbl version is not specifically for Arduino Mega).

Perhaps I'm better off buying some EasyDrivers...

bogus105

Hello,
Here is a recent track :
https://github.com/LETARTARE/Grbl_with_Arduino
Cordially
I've just downloaded this and the ZIP file is empty. Where can i find relevant version of GRBL for arduino mega 2560?

LETARTARE

Hello,
Here
but this version is very old.

brokingbull

Hello,
Here
but this version is very old.
Hi!
I'm a new member and I'm trying to download a grbl-version for Atmega2560. But all zip-files are empty.
What's wrong with that?

Thank you in advance!

Go Up