Go Down

Topic: Flow of electricity - Simple Circuits (Read 12299 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Interestingly, the OP has been completely silent in this pissing contest arcane discussion since the thread started  2 1/2 days ago.

Well his original problem was nothing to do with what direction current flows, it was in understanding a serial circuit. He said:-
But I just can't get my head around WHY it doesn't matter which side of a simple circuit the resistor is on.

I think that was answered long ago. In fact the question troubling him has nothing to do with the direction of the flow of current. The fact that he thought it did was the major part of his problem.

retrolefty

Feb 07, 2014, 06:56 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2014, 06:58 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1

Interestingly, the OP has been completely silent in this pissing contest arcane discussion since the thread started  2 1/2 days ago.

Well his original problem was nothing to do with what direction current flows, it was in understanding a serial circuit. He said:-
But I just can't get my head around WHY it doesn't matter which side of a simple circuit the resistor is on.

I think that was answered long ago. In fact the question troubling him has nothing to do with the direction of the flow of current. The fact that he thought it did was the major part of his problem.

Well to fair to my side the OP did also state/ask in his original post:

The whole flow of current vs the flow of electrons, positive to negative, negative to positive etc.

That kind of sums up the majority of the comments in this thread, no?

cjdelphi

Interestingly, the OP has been completely silent in this pissing contest arcane discussion since the thread started  2 1/2 days ago.

"Superior" posts like this one always makes me think that the poster feels left out...

Go Up