Go Down

Topic: UNO Comminacation Problem (Read 964 times) previous topic - next topic

HPbyGD

Hi Guys
      I bought a couple new UNO boards and I am not able to load a sketch to them.  I have other Uno boards and am able to load sketches to all of them.  Yes I am selecting the right board and Com Port.  When I plug the USB cable in my lap top running Windows Vista beeps and shows a USB device at Port 16 as  USB-Serial CH 340  .  I did an echo test and that showed communication.  The I/O  leds on the UNO board blink when I try and load a sketch but I get this error.

"Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
         Double check chip, or use -F to override this check. "     

The board is    UNO R3 ATmega328P ATmega16U2 Board

Not sure what is going on.  Does anyone have any ideas for an old brain that is getting rattled ?  :-)
                                                      Thanks GD

CrossRoads

Check the chip - sounds like you may have Atmega328 vs Atmega328P.
There are work arounds available.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

HPbyGD

The chip is Atmega8A-PU.      How can I find the work around ?
                          Thanks GD

CrossRoads

How are they Unos if they have '8A chips?
Select a different board type then - Arduino NG or older with Atmega8.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

HPbyGD

I tried every board listed in the tools and didn't have any luck.

GD

HPbyGD

I have a couple of Atmega328 chips that I bought.  If I put one in this board I still can't program the board.  I am guessing that the MCU firmware  needs to be changed.  Is there a place that I can find some information about doing this if this is what I need to do ?
                                 Thanks GD

Go Up