Quote from: fungus on Feb 11, 2014, 10:29 amIf no electricity reaches the heart then you only have to worry about burns.Incorrect. If it can cook a hot dog... http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2007/cooking-hot-dogs-via-electrocution/ ...it can cook internal organs. And cooked internal organs generally have trouble functioning correctly.
If no electricity reaches the heart then you only have to worry about burns.
Hello! First post, so please forgive any infractions of forum etiquette!....
Being cooked is a type of burn, isn't it...?
Also, my mantra has been Volts Hurts, Amps Kill. Voltage alone can still kill you, but it requires being at extremely high voltages (At least 20kV, though this is a guess, I know that I've watched a coworker get shocked by about 15kV without lasting harm, though it hurt) and usually results in a major explosion where the concussion kills you. However, that is assuming no current.
Rainwater will have a little dust in it, it's not pure.
Voltage without current, otherwise known as static electricity....
Within the realm of everyday life, I had a car that would just about knock me on my behind on dry days as I was getting out.
I learned to keep my hand on some part of the metal as I slide out. This allows a small current to flow over the time it takes to get out of the car instead of one enormous current when you shut the door. Insulation-blowing machines can also create giant 6" sparks from their hoses on dry days. It is quite surprising when you walk too close to one to say the least.