Go Down

Topic: Something weird about pin 0 (Read 644 times) previous topic - next topic

Zohar

Feb 15, 2014, 02:33 pm Last Edit: Feb 15, 2014, 02:57 pm by Zohar Reason: 1
Hello.

I have notice recently that when I plug a led for example on my breadboard to pin 0 and
try to upload the code, I get this error message:   avrdude stk500_getsync() not in sync resp=0x00
But when I plug it off and put the led on other pin the upload goes successfully.
I don't know if it's a problem of my arduino or it's a common issue with other arduino boards?

Thank You.

Edit: I have notice that when I switch the resistor on the breadboard from 1k to 10ohm, everything is fine.
but if I plug the 1k resistor and  the wire is pluged in while I upload the code I get the error  above.
I can plug off the wire from pin 0 and before I upload the code, and after the uploaded I can plug the wire again to pin 0.

MarshaJ847

quoting from http://sheepdogguides.com/arduino/aht0pins.htm

<<
D0 and D1 are used in the serial interface between your Arduino and the PC you are using to program the Arduino. The same channel is used by the system's very useful serial monitor. (If you aren't using that yet, try to learn how!)

Unless you are very short of digital I/O for your needs, it is probably best to leave D0 and D1 out of your plans, so that what you are doing with them and what the system is doing with them don't clash.
>>

cmiyc

The 1K is allowing enough current flow to prevent Serial communications, as MarshaJ847 points out, from working. 

I don't know if it's a problem of my arduino or it's a common issue with other arduino boards?

I would not call it a problem or issue.  It is a design trade off.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

THinRTP

I am getting the same error message upon upload:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
even when I don't use pin 0.  I am using Pins 4-7 only. 
I also am using Arduino Uno with Windows 8.1
I would like to figure out what this error message means and how to get around it because the only solution I have found is to close the IDE and reboot my laptop.   

Go Up