Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno PIN information (Read 697 times) previous topic - next topic

dafyddclaud

Good morning,
This is my first post with regards to the Arduino project.
I am very inexperienced with regards to the Arduino processor & system.
However I do see the value & the benefits that the Arduino processor can unleash for some one in my position.

Is it possible to read & to learn exactly what all the pins do on the Arduino Uno board?
The kit that I have purchased does not give me the information that I am seeking.

May be the designers of the board have made this information available, but I for one have not been able to locate it.

Can any one help?

Thank you

DAFYDD CLAUD MIGGIANO.

CrossRoads

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Some pins are pretty obvious:
Reset: low reset the '328P microcontroller (uC)
5V: generally 5V output to other devices, limited current capability
3.3V: generally 5V output to other devices, limited current capability
Vin: generally an output from the barrel jack connector. Can be an input, bypassing the reverse polarity protection diode.

Analog 0-5: Analog input pins, can also be used as digital IO.
IO pins: SCL, SDC: I2C lines to connect to other I2C devices. They also connect to A4/A5.
D0-D13: Digital IO pins. Most have multiple capability. 6 specifically are hardware PWM out capable, using analogWrite( ) command; see ~ marking. 2 are specifically hardware Serial IO lines and also connect to the USB/Serial adapter chip; D0/D1. 3 are specifically SPI interface lines; D11/D12/D13.
More about the capabilities of each pin can be read in the '328P datasheet:
http://www.atmel.com/devices/ATMEGA328P.aspx
Download the .PDF  schematic from the Products page to see which pin connects to the which IO pin.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dafyddclaud

Good morning,
This is my first post with regards to the Arduino project.
I am very inexperienced with regards to the Arduino processor & system.
However I do see the value & the benefits that the Arduino processor can unleash for some one in my position.

Is it possible to read & to learn exactly what all the pins do on the Arduino Uno board?
The kit that I have purchased does not give me the information that I am seeking.

May be the designers of the board have made this information available, but I for one have not been able to locate it.

Can any one help?

Thank you

DAFYDD CLAUD MIGGIANO.

Good morning,
If one was to read Sig Massimo Banzi's book ''second edition'' the pin lay out is referred & described in his book.
I have downloaded the book for now but I have also bought a copy on line.
need I say, nothing like real paper to play with, even in this electronic & digital world.

What may be of interest to some people is a section in the web site that does describe the various pins & functions
of each Arduino board, it would save people like me a lot of time.

OK! hey ho off I go.

Regards

DAFYDD CLAUD MIGGIANO.

JChristensen

What may be of interest to some people is a section in the web site that does describe the various pins & functions
of each Arduino board, it would save people like me a lot of time.

Like under the "Input and Output" heading here?
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno

Go Up