Go Down

Topic: Yun - Instability of bridge/WIFI when using interrupts (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

MikeWestwood

Hi,

Just thought I'd share this since I found no solution to my problem after extensive searching.

I am using a Yun which drives a stepper motor using a timer triggered interrupt. I am also reading an analog value at each step and sending data to a PC via WIFI. I was using the analogRead() function in the interrupt routine and found this caused the wireless communication and presumable the Bridge to become unstable, i.e., it would hang for a quite a few of seconds quite frequently. I found that this was due to the analogRead() function, presumable since it takes 100 microseconds.
I solved the problem by using interrupt driven analog conversion with the help of the following tutorial :

http://www.glennsweeney.com/tutorials/interrupt-driven-analog-conversion-with-an-atmega328p

Mike

federicofissore

Some issue with Bridge stability have been solved in recent java IDE released AND openwrt-yun releases (See link in my signature). Are your IDE and linux side of the yun up to date?

Go Up