Go Down

Topic: Will this toolkit be enough to get me started? (Read 5470 times) previous topic - next topic

mhrsolanki2020

CSGuy

You could start with that LED chaser, since it's really simple to do. I just wrote some quick code for it, and the code is pretty basic too.

Code: [Select]
int currentLED = 2;

void setup(){

while (currentLED <= 12)
  {
    pinMode(currentLED, OUTPUT);
    currentLED++;
  }
  currentLED = 2;
}

void loop(){
int pot = analogRead(A0);
if (pot < 26)
{
   pot = 26; // Anything faster is way too fast for the LEDs to keep up.
}

for(int led = 2; led <= 12; led++)
{
   digitalWrite(led, LOW);
}

digitalWrite(currentLED, HIGH);
currentLED++;
if (currentLED > 12)
{
   currentLED = 2;
}

delay(pot);
}

CrossRoads

CSGuy,
My meter has a Continuity Mode, beeps when a circuit is closed.
Pretty easy to make a standalone one also.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CSGuy

CSGuy,
My meter has a Continuity Mode, beeps when a circuit is closed.
Pretty easy to make a standalone one also.

Does my multimeter have that mode?

I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/GE-50953-Multimeter-6-Function-Non-Recording/dp/B002DNG63C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394050794&sr=8-1&keywords=Digital+Multimeter+Ge2524

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CSGuy

mhrsolanki2020,

If you want to see what items I have you can check it out. I put my workbench on YouTube. Maybe it will give you some idea of something else you might want to start with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFeQkciiLjU

mhrsolanki2020

M out as of now , I will see it as soon as I can get home to my wifi connection

CSGuy

OK,

It's not that exciting. I just figured I would show some of what I had.

mhrsolanki2020

Heyy i asked them if they could add more buttons and photoresistor and a temperature sensor .. so they customized this kit for me ...

I updated the First Post of this topic..

Thanks for all the support guys :)

CSGuy

The new list looks better. You should have enough there to get you started. Then once you decide what type of projects you want to create, or what type of parts you use the most, you can upgrade your kit with those parts.

Go Up