Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED!] YUN wireless seen as connected but actually it is not (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

osuzer

Mar 06, 2014, 09:58 pm Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 09:17 am by osuzer Reason: 1
Dear Arduino fans,
When I try to connect my Yun to my Wireless Network, I can not succeed it. Then when I connect the LAN cable I see it is written connected. However neither via browser not via Arduino IDE I can NOT reach it. Only way that I can reach is entering the IP address of LAN connection to the browser. I tried also disconnecting the LAN at this moment and tried to connect to Yun wirelessly once more, but it did not help. Please find the printscreens attached and see that the only interface with Yun is displayed as the IP address ending with 79 which is the LAN connection.

What can be the problem, what do you think and advise me?
Cheers!

osuzer

Mar 13, 2014, 09:29 am Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 09:32 am by osuzer Reason: 1
For the ones who are having trouble with connecting YUN to an existing internet WLAN, I highly recommend the method below:

As most of us know there is a 3rd party program called Connectify which allows you to share your existing internet connection with others. When I was using it couple of years ago, it was not very stable and robust. As I see today, the company changed the strategy a bit and also provided a stable platform for internet sharing. What nice is, when a device connected to your host pc which runs connectify, you can see the details like MAC, IP etc easily. So just connect your YUN to that PC and observe the details. Moreover, today Connectify lets you even share a WiFi internet via another WiFi channel! Great for the ones who has problems with signal strenght for Yun.

Important note! Although it is stated to go to 192.168.240.1 for Arduino.Local, this is NOT always true in my case! So I was not able to reach my YUN due to this problem!!. However with Connectify I can see the adresses and reach my YUN anytime via browser. Please see the little screenshot attached and the IP 192.168.114.102!!!

PCWorxLA

Important note! Although it is stated to go to 192.168.240.1 for Arduino.Local, this is NOT always true in my case! So I was not able to reach my YUN due to this problem!!. However with Connectify I can see the adresses and reach my YUN anytime via browser. Please see the little screenshot attached and the IP 192.168.114.102!!!
That means that you have changed that IP address at some point to that one. Any Yun that has been reset to factory default, will have the 192.168.240.1 IP address on reboot...

Ralf

osuzer

Hey Ralf,
This may be the default setting, however I did not touch any setting at all.  :) Moreover I already had applied factory settings couple of times.. It may be due to my WLAN network as well I don't know. However this may be helpful for others who may have same probs.

rcjm10

Note that Connectify CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED!

I tried the trial version and found that anything useful needed the Pro version. The normal Windows uninstall does not work and there is no uninstaller. I wasted half an hour cleaning it out by disabling the services and deleting files. That is a virus in my book.

Best regards,

Mike

Go Up