Go Down

Topic: How to Port FreeRTOS in Arduino IDE (Read 7890 times) previous topic - next topic

nikhillife11

Hello All,

Actually I have googled a lot for above help, but couldn't get any specific thing. I have downloaded freeRTOS freeRTOSv702.zip and extracted the same. I copied the folder in libraries of arduino 1.0.5 IDE. Then I even add the library from sketch-> import library.

But still whenever I am trying to compile, I get errors regarding porting. SO do we have any tutorials to port the RTOS or can specific any particular things. I am using ARDUINO UNO for my learning purpose

Also It will be of great help, if anyone can provide with a sample example to confirm complilation
Regards
Nikhil

Riva

I just went to the link in this thread. Downloaded FreeRTOS20130714.zip. Extracted the FreeRTOS_AVR folder to Projects/libraries and compiled the example frBlink.ino sketch without problem.
What libraries are you trying to use and what are the errors you get?
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

nikhillife11

Hello Riva

By project folder do you mean, arduino-1.0.5/libraries/. So i downloaded the zip file you have said. I will copy the FreeRTOS folder in libraries.
Also can you share the example file pl.

Regards
Nikhil

Riva

By project folder do you mean, arduino-1.0.5/libraries/. So i downloaded the zip file you have said. I will copy the FreeRTOS folder in libraries.
No not there, look at this guide on installing libraries.
Also can you share the example file pl.
The example along with several others is include in the FreeRTOS library folder you will copy.

nikhillife11

Hello Ravi,

Actually I tried the things as the links said. But still facing some error. I have attach the logs. I see that it is not able to get FreeRTOS.h files. Not able to find why. Hope you can help me

ERROR IS AS FOLLOWS

D:\arduino-1.0.5\arduino-1.0.5\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -ID:\arduino-1.0.5\arduino-1.0.5\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -ID:\arduino-1.0.5\arduino-1.0.5\hardware\arduino\variants\standard C:\Users\Nikhil\AppData\Local\Temp\build6734853460650207127.tmp\frBlinkPrint.cpp -o C:\Users\Nikhil\AppData\Local\Temp\build6734853460650207127.tmp\frBlinkPrint.cpp.o
frBlinkPrint.ino:3:26: warning: FreeRTOS_AVR.h: No such file or directory
frBlinkPrint:10: error: 'xTaskHandle' does not name a type
frBlinkPrint.ino: In function 'void vLEDFlashTask(void*)':
frBlinkPrint:23: error: 'configTICK_RATE_HZ' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint:23: error: 'vTaskDelay' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint.ino: In function 'void vPrintTask(void*)':
frBlinkPrint:36: error: 'configTICK_RATE_HZ' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint:36: error: 'vTaskDelay' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint.ino:39: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
frBlinkPrint.ino:43: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
frBlinkPrint:44: error: 'blink' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint:44: error: 'uxTaskGetStackHighWaterMark' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint:48: error: 'freeHeap' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint.ino: In function 'void setup()':
frBlinkPrint:62: error: expected primary-expression before 'signed'
frBlinkPrint:62: error: expected `)' before 'signed'
frBlinkPrint:70: error: expected primary-expression before 'signed'
frBlinkPrint:70: error: expected `)' before 'signed'
frBlinkPrint:77: error: 'vTaskStartScheduler' was not declared in this scope
frBlinkPrint.ino:80: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area

Thanks and Regards
Nikhil

gallegojm

Hi
As we are in the forum dedicated to Due, I assume you are trying to use FreeRTOS on a Due.
So you have to use use the FreeRTOS_ARM library. Not the FreeRTOS_AVR one as it seems you are doing:

frBlinkPrint.ino:3:26: warning: FreeRTOS_AVR.h: No such file or directory

Hope this could help you to solve your problem

nikhillife11

Hello Galle,

I am using arduino uno boards. So should i use ARM header file or Avr header file

Regards
Nikhil

Riva

I am using arduino uno boards. So should i use ARM header file or Avr header file

It means we are in the wrong forum (I came here from unread posts and did not notice) and you should be using AVR for UNO

Coding Badly

Thread moved to a more appropriate section.

Riva

Go Up