Go Down

Topic: [pro mini] Can you use a DIGITAL pin to read analog input? voltage** (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

TobiasRipper

As opposed to a contrary question here of (can analog pin read digital) I am wondering the opposite, while building an all analog module, Can the Digital Pins of an Arduino Pro Mini read analog values (voltage)?

thank you.
Game Development, Web Development, Music Hardware Development, Web Platform Management, Educational Content, Entertainment Content, Music Writing.

Current project: Fly Zapper Shocker that tazes us when our characters die in our game.

CrossRoads

Sure, sort of - will only get a 0 or 1 back tho. If level is in the 'middle', reading may be indeterminate.
Depending on the Promini model purchased, A6 & A7 may be available as analog inputs only as well.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

TobiasRipper

Well its actually related to the potentiometer question I had - the voltage off the potentiometer is not binary,
Game Development, Web Development, Music Hardware Development, Web Platform Management, Educational Content, Entertainment Content, Music Writing.

Current project: Fly Zapper Shocker that tazes us when our characters die in our game.

CrossRoads

With Vcc = 5V:
voltages up to 0.3 x Vcc (1.5V) will return a 0
voltages above 0.6Vcc (3V) will return a 1.
voltage in between - anybody's guess.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

TobiasRipper

Ah and theres no way of telling it to read it like an analog within code?

CrossRoads

TobiasRipper

Go Up