Go Down

Topic: Yun remote access (Read 3000 times) previous topic - next topic

iamwin

Hi! I am trying to do this such that Arduino Yun can be controlled from anywhere with any internet connected web browser.
here's the reference http://asynkronix.se/internet-of-things-with-arduino-yun-and-yaler/

However, I am stuck on STEP 4. 
"Step 4: Start terminal on Mac or for example PuTTY on Windows. Change direcory to the folder where yunYaler.py is located on your computer with something like
cd /Users/username/some/folder/somewhere/
"

As I run the PUTTY on windows 7, I entered my YUN's login details (username: root   password: arduino). I manage to login on the PUTTY, but I cannot execute the "change directory" command. It says that it cannot change to my desired folder where the yunYaler.py file is located... Can somebody enlighten me here? thanks in advance!:)

PCWorxLA

Aug 03, 2014, 11:45 pm Last Edit: Aug 03, 2014, 11:47 pm by PCWorxLA Reason: 1
Almost impossible to say what you are doing wrong without actually seeing what exactly you are doing.

Best WAGs would be,  as the "cd ...." instructions of that web page you referred to are for a Mac, you do not properly adjust this to the folder structure (and using backslashes) as it exists on your Windows 7 machine...

Ralf

iamwin

I see, if the instructions are for Mac, i would not have any problem since I have my computer is actually a Macbook that has dual boot options for Windows 7. Thanks for the advice. I will try using terminal on Mac instead. :)

Blk19U0102

I have a Linux system with Apache server using port 80. I have tried with using other ports (5555, 7000, 8080, etc.) and it does not work. Do you have any suggestion how I can fix this problem ?

Roffey

If you use windows, a useful prog is  WinSCP. log in as root@ip add as normal.
It will display the directory structure etc and is useful for click editing /saving of files.
It has Putty as an accessible icon, so has much of what is needed.

I had an issue with Putty and cd, which wouldn't allow long path directory access. Stepping into each directory - sub dir was allowed.
After that, long paths seemed to be acceptable. Not going to worry about why as long as is does it.

iamwin

If you use windows, a useful prog is  WinSCP. log in as root@ip add as normal.
It will display the directory structure etc and is useful for click editing /saving of files.
It has Putty as an accessible icon, so has much of what is needed.

I had an issue with Putty and cd, which wouldn't allow long path directory access. Stepping into each directory - sub dir was allowed.
After that, long paths seemed to be acceptable. Not going to worry about why as long as is does it.

Thanks for this tip! :) i will look onto that. It would be better if I stick on Windows OS, I use it more now than the OSX here in my Macbook Pro.

Go Up