Go Down

Topic: How to Compare two or more Power sours (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mkbutan

Hi,
I would like to know how can I Compare two or More Power sours with LM-xxx Compactor and analyse it on Arduino 328 uno Board or TI MSP430 or C2000 Board
the result should be on the LCD

Please help me to Start this Project (Power sours can be 6/12v Battery or Solar Panel's (in a Grid) )
Thanks in advance
"THE LIFE IS VERY SMALL TO LEARN ELECTRONICS"
                           ??????°?i??
                           AND
                           yes
                           PROGRAMMING

johnwasser

You can compare two voltages with a comparator but that will only tell you which of the two inputs is higher.  It won't tell you the voltage.  To measure the voltage you have to drop it to a safe level (below Vcc+0.5, typically 5.5V) and use an analog input to read the voltage.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

mkbutan

Hi dear sir, thanks for your time .
sir , only thats the problem I dont know how to do that .
I have Arduino 328 UNO ; MSP430 Launchpad ; C2000 Launchpad Board's( I prefer Arduino)
I have 16x4 LCD on which I would like to get the Reading as 
For Example:- if its 12v Cell or Solar Panel what's the Output each cell is giving
Cell 1- 06v
Cell 2- 08v
Cell 3- 10v
Cell 4- 126v
Cell 5- 09v
Cell 6- 07v
Cell n- xxv

"THE LIFE IS VERY SMALL TO LEARN ELECTRONICS"
                           ??????°?i??
                           AND
                           yes
                           PROGRAMMING

johnwasser

To measure each cell you need to connect the - side of the cell to Arduino Ground and the + side to an analog input.  You can use a 74HC4067 analog multiplexer to select from among 16 inputs.  You will need two of them: one will select the + side and one will select the - side.  Wire the address pins in parallel so that you can't accidentally select the wrong combination and fry the Arduino.   

The Arduino Ground MUST be isolated from the ground of the power supply you are measuring or you will fry something for sure.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up