Go Down

Topic: need help with code for controlling a hydraulic press mode (Read 9686 times) previous topic - next topic

MAS3

Here's some points.
First of all, it's supposed to set you to do the research that you should have done earlier, now.

Second:
This is something that is told in about every post around here, where people are told how to use relays.
Because leaving those out will do serious damage sooner or later.

And last but not least:
You will remember this next time.

Research 'protection diode', using search function.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

retrolefty

I think your main problem is that you have picked a project application that is far beyond your present experience level in both basic electronics and programming. If you really wish to do this for yourself rather then pay someone to deliver a solution you need to back up and pick more basic projects so you have a chance of acquiring the necessary experience. The arduino IDE has many many example sketches that show you how to perform basic tasks and are easy to wire up to basic input and output devices.

It's as if you don't yet know how to drive a car but your project is to build a formula one race car and enter a race. And asking for help with this specific project is bound to give you advice that you won't understand and in many cases will not be the help you actually need.

Sorry, but my advice is to lower your expectations and learn to walk before you run.

neofral

Research 'protection diode', using search function.

thank you very much vor the advice. and this is more constructive posting on a colaboration thread :)
i'll look into it ASAP and modify the relay board.

It's as if you don't yet know how to drive a car but your project is to build a formula one race car and enter a race. And asking for help with this specific project is bound to give you advice that you won't understand and in many cases will not be the help you actually need.

Sorry, but my advice is to lower your expectations and learn to walk before you run.

didn't you read any of my posts? i'm sure you'll find there somewhere mention of the use of the examples from the Arduino IDE.

oh by the way, thank you for taking your time and posting on this thread.
firstly, i didn't know that this page is used to procure people/solutions. sorry, another of  my mistakes.
and secondly, whatever you call it (formula 1) or just a driving... - didn't you read that the project is finished?

MAS3

And that is exactly where the problem is and why you are suddenly getting less positive responses.
Your project is not finished at all, it just happens to do what you wanted it to do for now.
It will fail and you have now been warned for that.
In case it fails, what would be the consequences ?
The hydraulic system overloading or worse ?
What about any people near that machine trying to control it ?

You can and should prevent that failure before you can call this project finished.
Would it have been a school project, you would not have achieved anything close to an A grade.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Go Up