Go Down

Topic: Problems with eagle CAD annotation issue (Read 3657 times) previous topic - next topic

qquuiinn

Every time when I create a new eagle board from a schematic and lay it out, I close the board editor window and I get a message saying that "F/B annotation is severed." From there, any changes I make to the schematic will not be reflected in the board even after restarting eagle. Anyone know how I can link the schematic and board (changes I make in one will transfer to other) without having to lay it out again?

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

pico

Every time when I create a new eagle board from a schematic and lay it out, I close the board editor window and I get a message saying that "F/B annotation is severed." From there, any changes I make to the schematic will not be reflected in the board even after restarting eagle. Anyone know how I can link the schematic and board (changes I make in one will transfer to other) without having to lay it out again?

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

The thing is to ensure you don't make any changes to either the schematic or the board while the "F/B annotation is severed" notice is showing. Otherwise, they will get out of sync, and likely you will have to start over.

When you load one file (brd or sch) Eagle will ask you if you wan't to load the other -- just say yes, even if you will only be working directly on one. If you close the window down that is showing "F/B annotation is severed" but you haven't made any changes since the message first showed, you should be fine when you next open the project files.

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

stratosfear

In addition to pico's advice, use ERC to indicate any discrepancies between the two files.  You can often recover if you haven't made major changes.

Jon

Go Up