Go Down

Topic: How To detection of explosives materials ....? (Read 15171 times) previous topic - next topic

falahgs

Hi EveryOne.....
Thanks for help
How to use MCU Arduino UNO in the detection of explosives materials ...?  AND
What are the types of chemical explosives ...?

Gratefully for help

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

fungus

Here's a couple of useful links:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=detection+of+explosives+materials

and

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=types+of+chemical+explosives
Advanced Arduino

falahgs

Thanks fungus for  these information
but i need some information about explosives materials sensors into MCU  Arduino and to build PCB Board to detect any explosive material ....

Thanks

Grumpy_Mike

When you find such a sensor there are a few major governments that will pay you big bucks.

In short there is no sensor that can detect all explosive materials.

KeithRB

Use microphone to listen for a big boom.

Oh, wait do you mean *before* it goes off?

The airport scanners use a swipe and look for nitrates.

AWOL

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; expect to spend a lot of time in windowless rooms in airports, especially during testing.

Peter_I

Thanks fungus for  these information
but i need some information about explosives materials sensors into MCU  Arduino and to build PCB Board to detect any explosive material ....

Thanks

Please tell us some more about your background and available resources?

Please tell us some more about what you exactly want to do?

("I want to detect explosives" is about as good a description as "I want to find gold" or "I want to cure cancer")

Your "problem" is, that you are going to have to detect trace amounts of several different chemicals. It must be fast, have a minimal amount of errors and be relatively easy to use.

There are no "easily available commercial explosives sensors for sale on ebay" that you can just hook up to an arduino.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

fungus

There are no "easily available commercial explosives sensors for sale on ebay" that you can just hook up to an arduino.

There's no "easily available commercial explosives sensors for sale" anywhere.

If there were they wouldn't need the TSA, etc.
Advanced Arduino

Robin2

I wonder how many different Government agencies are already monitoring this Thread to see if they need to arrest someone?

I am a pacifist. I don't believe the Arduino forum should be used to discuss weapons - including explosives.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

AWOL

fungus

I wonder how many different Government agencies are already monitoring this Thread to see if they need to arrest someone?

None. Take off your tinfoil.

I am a pacifist. I don't believe the Arduino forum should be used to discuss weapons - including explosives.

Weird. Explosives detection is mostly about peace.

Advanced Arduino

Peter_I

There's no "easily available commercial explosives sensors for sale" anywhere.

If there were they wouldn't need the TSA, etc.

Exactly!
Detecting the minute quantities available as dust or vapors is quite challenging from the analytical chemists point of view. And when you take it out from the controlled laboratory setting and into an airport where there are sweaty travelers in their thousands and a bunch of "not exactly scientifically minded"-people to use them (or even worse, take it onto the hot and filthy streets of a third world country) it becomes really hard.

I will not comment further on the "security theater performances" in the airports .

Peter_I

...R

As long as nothing criminal takes place, they can monitor all they want (but I hope they spend their time with more promising targets than a bunch of nerds like us!)

Feel free to have that opinion, and feel free to deny the parts of the real world around you that you do not like..... but that will not stop the real world from existing.
And you are free to not take part in discussing subjects that you do not like.

Go Up