Multi ATtiny programmer

Hi,
I have a shield idea for a ATtiny programmer with just one ZIF socket for different types of ATtiny's instead of several sockets for different types.

My idea was to use MOSFET's to supply the correct pin with VCC and GND since they are at different pins for a ATtiny85 (8pin) or a ATtiny84 (14pins).

But should I use MOSFET's for the ISP pin's also? Suggestions is welcome.

/Mats

But should I use MOSFET's for the ISP pin's also?

The risk occurs when RESET is released. The target is obviously going to run. At that point all the pins need to be "clear". I suspect well chosen / well placed resistors would prevent any damage.

Will the shield also be used to test the freshly programmed processor?

I use a simpler solution; a 40 pin ZIF socket, upper end for AttinyX5 and lower end for AttinyX4. See Cosa: Programming ATtiny
NB. The blog shows the early design with only AttinyX5. Since then I have added support for AttinyX4.

Cheers!

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Coding Badly

Will the shield also be used to test the freshly programmed processor?

That would be optimal to not just burn but also have it as a run and test bed.

I have to read through the sketch "Arduino as ISP" again.

kowalski
KISS is a nice design goal.

ATtiny and ATmega ISP Shield.odp (43 KB)

kowalski:
I use a simpler solution; a 40 pin ZIF socket, upper end for AttinyX5 and lower end for AttinyX4. See Cosa: Programming ATtiny
NB. The blog shows the early design with only AttinyX5. Since then I have added support for AttinyX4.

Cheers!

My goodness your work is impressive! I have a project that will use an ATTiny84A SSUR format. Never the less, I'm still grateful for the suggestions you gave above.

Peter

Hi there...
i made my own design for developing attiny 85 chips and some shields to work alone without any extra modules...
You can check it out through my campaign on indiegogo.

if you liked it please share it so to reach as many people as it can!
Thanks