Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano Output pins VS Arduino Uno R3 pins (Read 3411 times) previous topic - next topic

bprats99

pinMode(11, OUTPUT);
pinMode(12,OUTPUT);

I have not seen any information to the contrary but are there restrictions for using a recent model Nano 328 pin D11 and D12 for digitalWrite(11,HIGH) or digitalWrite(12,HIGH)  ??   My scope is not displaying any voltage change on these two pins. 

All other functions are fine, I am using interrupts and other I/O and all is fine except D11 and D12 simple output. 

Thanks in advance ... Bill 

CrossRoads

328P chip in all boards is the same -physical package change between SMD & DIP does not change the die itself. D11, D12 should work.
Is the chip feeling at all warm? That's usually a good sign the IO pins have been damaged.
The pins are not shorted to power or gnd are they?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

PeterH

I have not seen any information to the contrary but are there restrictions for using a recent model Nano 328 pin D11 and D12 for digitalWrite(11,HIGH) or digitalWrite(12,HIGH)  ??   My scope is not displaying any voltage change on these two pins. 

These are SPI pins as well as being ordinary digital I/O pins. Do you have anything connected to the ICSP headers? The ICSP MOSI and MISO pins are electrically connected to D11 and D12. Also, if you are using SPI in your sketch then it will be driving these pins.

bprats99

Thanks for your help, I was surprised to find the pins defective so the nano has been replaced with a new one and everything works as planned.  I was not doing anything unusual, maybe static electricity ....... Bill

Go Up