Go Down

Topic: Windows 7 - "Arduino UNO (COMxx)" doesn't appear under Ports (Read 748 times) previous topic - next topic

trobinson41

I just bought an Arduino Uno and I'm trying to get it to work with my laptop, which is running Windows 7 Pro. I downloaded the environment and unzipped it. Then I plugged in the Arduino, using a usb cable, and tried to follow the directions to install the driver under Windows 7.  But when I open Device Manager and look under Ports (COM & LPT), all I see is "Communications Port (COM1) -- there is no "Arduino UNO (COMxx)" . I've searched google and the forums, but I haven't found anything helpful. Windows does recognize that new hardware has been added and searches unsuccessfully for a driver, but I have been unable to add the driver from the environment.

arcSeine

I just bought an Arduino Uno and I'm trying to get it to work with my laptop, which is running Windows 7 Pro. I downloaded the environment and unzipped it. Then I plugged in the Arduino, using a usb cable, and tried to follow the directions to install the driver under Windows 7.  But when I open Device Manager and look under Ports (COM & LPT), all I see is "Communications Port (COM1) -- there is no "Arduino UNO (COMxx)" . I've searched google and the forums, but I haven't found anything helpful. Windows does recognize that new hardware has been added and searches unsuccessfully for a driver, but I have been unable to add the driver from the environment.

I am having this same problem. I am using Windows 7 Pro and when I plug in the Arduino UNO the Device Manager adds "USB Serial Port (COM3)" to the Ports (COM & LPT) tree. I've tried to install drivers from the Arduino software package by going to Update Device Drivers and selecting the 'drivers' folder, but Windows tells me the correct drivers are installed.

Strangely I am able to upload compiled code using the Arduino IDE, which is nice, but I believe the above problem is the reason LabVIEW cannot communicate with my Arduino.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Go Up