how to burn

hello to all
i'm a newbie here, and i'm not getting the exact answer for how to burn the sketch in the arduino mega1280/2560... plz help me out ASAP....

The simplest thing to do is click the upload button. Is there some reason you can't do that?

actually, i have nothin in front of me... the all thing m doing right now is searching about arduino.. because we have to give presentation for the FYP.... just let me know something about the software or any other utility....

because we have to give presentation for the FYP

No idea what a FYP is, or why you have to give a presntation to the FYP, or what the presentation is about.

The Arduino IDE includes buttons to compile the program and to compile and upload to the Arduino. The Arduino comes (mine did, at least) with a USB cable. Plug one end into the PC and one end into the Arduino. Write some code, select the appropriate board and serial port, and click the Upload button. A few seconds later, the code starts running on the Arduino. Nothing could be simpler.

Well, OK, its more like right some code, click Upload, correct the errors, click Upload, correct some more errors, click Upload, correct still more errors, click Upload, post on the forum for help, rewrite the code, click Upload, correct some more errors, click Upload, and a few seconds later, the code starts running on the Arduino, but not doing anything near right. Nothing could be more darned complicated. ;D

Troll warning. Look away ;D

I cant imagine why you would want to be giving a presentation on something you have never used, nor bothered to even put any effort into researching

as what paul just told you is the 3rd link on the durn homepage

@paulS
thanks for your help really appreciated... :slight_smile:

@osgeld
i've done some research, but not getting the clear point... thats why i asked....... sorry if i did anything wrong.... :-/