Go Down

Topic: modules from ebay (Read 2377 times) previous topic - next topic

Aliaj00

Hi guys,

i was wondering on eBay there are too many modules for Arduino are they any good?????

Timi,

johnwasser

Some are and some aren't.  You pay your money and you take your chances.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp
See who has no social life: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=stats :)

Grumpy_Mike

too many modules for Arduino

How many is too many?
The Arduino is very popular and so naturally others want a piece of the action.

I think your question is a bit vague.

retrolefty

Hi guys,

i was wondering on eBay there are too many modules for Arduino are they any good?????

Timi,

If there is one or few you are interested in just post their links and let us express an opinion. Too much selection is only a problem for beginners.  ;)

vffgaston

I've been using ebay for more than 10 years: the confidence in a particular seller is not a random issue. You just look at the ratio of votes.

I have bougth items up to of thousands of € with no problem. You can rely: nobody is going to deceive you (and less by selling something connected with arduino).

Regards

MarkG

You have cheap clones and official vendors, you can tell the difference immediately in the price.

IMHO if arduino match the prices of the cloned merchandise then it would take away any and all profitability in cloning the product and the offenders would move on to something else but while the price of a genuine product remains at a level keeping it out of reach of the many, you will have this demand for cheap clones by those who want to venture in to the field of making projects and prototyping.

Take DVD's as an example, DVD's are so cheap now that making copies / counterfeits is only possible if you can knock out inferior merchandise long before the official releases. I used to do allot of downloading of media, since buying the official version is cheaper than downloading, I purchase films these days.

The same would apply to arduinos if they were cheaper. Simples really, however the guys making money out of the product won't see that as an option and therefore are themselves helping the counterfeiters stay in business.

Aliaj00

Yep i am a beginner :) i am trying to see around before doing some wrong purchases :)

Go Up