Go Down

Topic: Please Help - Programming PIC18F2525 using Arduino (Read 4481 times) previous topic - next topic

KeithRB

You are the one who didn't figure out what he needed before buying stuff. Now, who sucks? We are under no obligation to show sympathy and hold your hand. Generally, when a thread devolves to this point it is because the answer to the question is "No, you can't get there from here."

Robin2

you people r really SUCKS!!

I suspect this was sparked by my comment that your investment in the PIC chip is not worth protecting.

I stand by that comment. Economists would consider it a sunk cost.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

pamirdeb

I made this comments because people who are replying to my topic does not have any expertise. They don't have attitude for exploring new things or helping other rather than demotivate.

I am really surprised to see the comments "Why would you think that users of an Arduino forum know anything at all about PIC's " .... :smiley-yell: :smiley-yell:

What  is  he doing here... he should be kicked out.

AWOL

Someone is going to get kicked out, that seems almost inevitable.

(I moved this to "Microcontrollers" - I can see no Earthly reason for it to be in a section clearly labelled "Understanding the language, error messages, etc.")

pamirdeb

My apology, if my comments hurt people who are really there to help others. For example "spycatcher2k" who has an attitude to understand the problem and guide people accordingly rather pulling his leg and try to make fun of it.

After not getting any solution from my post I did some search and found some quality information which I am sharing with you. Here is  some quality discussion link below where real technical people discussed some quality discussion.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,92929.0.html

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,39775.0.html

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,161618.0.html

Hope people like "spycatcher2k" will understand why i get annoyed.

English is not my mother language so forgive me if I did any mistake while choosing words.

Docedison

Your English is quite good enough to be understood, Perhaps not idiomatic but certainly accurate enough.
Did you notice 2 common things about the three "References" you referred to?...
First they refer to a low end 14 bit core (Pic's use data and instructions in each line of code), equivalent (in code space) to a Tiny 4313...
Second that none seemed to work ... I didn't see anything similar to code and a wiring diagram.
I don't know about "Real Quality technical discussion, especially as one of the articles was 4 years old, another merely 2 years old, and for the last reference (the one only a year old doesn't have enough information to finish the project outlined in the thread.
While the device you wish in not only newer and has a slightly different programming method...

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Paul__B

Why would you think that users of an Arduino forum know anything at all about PIC's ?

Actually, it is a perfectly reasonable expectation - most people who have substantial expertise with Atmel devices will also have at least some experience with PICs.  It would be very unwise from an engineering standpoint, to arbitrarily discount obvious alternatives.

you people r really SUCKS!!

I made this comments because people who are replying to my topic does not have any expertise.

Actually, the very opposite is more likely.  :D

If you ask a clearly provocative question, you must expect answers in like vein.

KeithRB

Also, those threads were about programming a Pic, not compiling for it. When I asked about the Pic toolchain, he implied he did not have one, which is why I assumed he was trying to use the Arduino IDE to program the Pic, which is another thing entirely.

pamirdeb

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up