Go Down

Topic: Ardoino nano v3.0 connect to Android (Read 15023 times) previous topic - next topic

Spike89

Hy

I want to send datas  from my nano to my android device(Alcatel Pop C7) using USB. I downloaded AndroidHyperTerminal from Google Play to test the serial communication but my Phone didn't see my nano.I tryed other apks witch supported the FT232RL chip but none of them detects the adapter  :~
I use this in the arduino side to test the serial communication:
int led = 13;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode(led,OUTPUT);
}
void loop()
{
  digitalWrite(led,HIGH);
  delay(1000);
  digitalWrite(led,LOW);
  delay(1000);
  Serial.println(1);
}
In win7 x64 works fine.The Phone and the OTG function works too.
Pls help me, what am i doing wrong?

Yours Faithfully
An embittered beginner

luisilva

I think that this thread is in the wrong place. But, my first thought was "USB OTG", but as you say that you have it, my second hypotheses is "drivers". Did the android have drivers to "see" and communicate with an Arduino board?

Bainesbunch

Hi have you tried this application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slickdevlabs.apps.usbtoserialterm&hl=en

I have used it with the FTDI USB->Serial cable without any problems.

Cheers Pete.
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring
I do answer personal requests for help when accompanied with a PayPal receipt ;)

Spike89

Yes.
https://github.com/ksksue/FTDriver
and
https://github.com/mik3y/usb-serial-for-android

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9KfJQWqgI

Spike89

Dear Pete

I try the app but got this error message: No adapters are plugged in.

luisilva

I saw the video. And I remember to ask: when you say "The Phone and the OTG function works too" you means that you have the cable USB OTG and your phone supports host mode, right?

Spike89

Yes i have an OTG cable and my phone support the USB Host mode.
I can connect pendrives,mouses,keyboards and controllers to it.

luisilva

luisilva

And with other Android device different from your phone?

Spike89

Yes, i tryed with a tablet and an ohter OTG cable too.

Nishant_Sood

Android always have drivers for dealing with the Serial protocol on the usb its just that they may not be accessible without deep trodden rooting sometimes of the phone!

contact me if you may want it done.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!
www.winacro.com

Bainesbunch

Android always have drivers for dealing with the Serial protocol on the usb its just that they may not be accessible without deep trodden rooting sometimes of the phone!

contact me if you may want it done.

Why would you need to root your android device in order to use the USB port with a USB-> serial adapter  and what is "Deep Trodden" rooting as opposed to plain old rooting ? I am confused .
I do answer personal requests for help when accompanied with a PayPal receipt ;)

Nishant_Sood

Why would you need to root your android device in order to use the USB port with a USB-> serial adapter

Because every Android kernel won't give access to its drivers down under which are not to be utilised normally, I have done this several times with Android devices at my disposal, they dont have serial port emulated without rooting.

what is "Deep Trodden" rooting as opposed to plain old rooting ? I am confused .

Rooting is always Deep Trodden never plain old as such.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!
www.winacro.com

Bainesbunch

Why would you need to root your android device in order to use the USB port with a USB-> serial adapter

Because every Android kernel won't give access to its drivers down under which are not to be utilised normally, I have done this several times with Android devices at my disposal, they dont have serial port emulated without rooting.

what is "Deep Trodden" rooting as opposed to plain old rooting ? I am confused .

Rooting is always Deep Trodden never plain old as such.

That is interesting , every android device that I have use OTG USB interfacing with does not require "rooting" Admittedly I have only tried connecting FDTI chipset based USB-> serial bridge hardware but never had to root my device to gain access to it.

How do the applications in the android store do this without root access. Perhaps I have been lucky with my choice of hardware. I am not suggesting that it is never required. That would depend on the manufacturers choice on accessibility of the core systems. That said however I have not so far found any devices that would stop me gaining access to the USB.

There is no such thing as deep trodden rooting, rooting is rooting or according to WIKI ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_%28Android_OS%29 ) gaining access to the kernel of the OS with administrator rights. There are no levels of rooting, Deep Trodden or otherwise mentioned.

Could you give me an example of Deep Trodden routing. I am learning this as i go along and any knowledge would be useful.

Cheers Pete.

Go Up