Go Down

Topic: Logout link (Read 4056 times) previous topic - next topic

blah44

Could we please get a static logout on the bottom of regular pages, like this? -
https://id.arduino.cc/auth/logout

As it stands now it is awful tough to logout on mobile (or at least ios) devices.

Thanks!

PaulS

Could we please get a static logout on the bottom of regular pages, like this? -

Why? Three years of reading this forum, and I have never logged out.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Paul__B

The likelihood of someone posting in your persona on this forum would to my mind, be the very least of your security concerns if your unlocked mobile device should fall into the wrong hands.

blah44

Why not go all the way and eliminate logouts from desktop browsers too? Heck we do not even need passwords, just stash a uuid in a cookie for first logins, all the auth you need right?

More seriously, I would expect to be able to do anything from desktop on mobile. Also I never imagined this much opposition to a trivial request, but I suppose that is what makes the internet fun. Is it so hard to imagine that I share an ipad with wife/kids, or heck, if I simply want to log out because it makes me feel good?

Paul__B

do we wish to deny you your little peccadillo.

I simply want to log out because it makes me feel good?

A little odd to be sure, but hardly catastrophic.   XD

PaulS

Are you aware that the userpicture dropdown list includes "Sign out"?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

blah44

Are you aware that the userpicture dropdown list includes "Sign out"?

Painfully. That is exactly what does not work worth squat in ios. Any better on android perhaps?

Go Up