Go Down

Topic: I need to figure how to trigger an mp3 or wav. an an embedded electronic (Read 802 times) previous topic - next topic

Jestafar

Hello all,

This is my first post so apologies in advance.

I'm looking to trigger a music file (a small ensemble with human voice and a few instruments) at the base of - and connected to -  a sculpture. I need there to be some sort of a button to start the piece of music (as the listener will have to put on headphones first and then press). The piece will be about 2-5 minutes and needs to be decent quality. I've looked at the mp3 trigger and the Wav trigger. Any advice on what works best here?

At the end there will be 3 separate headphones in the sculpture, each with the ability to play a different file (if there are 3 people at the installation they should all be able to listen to different songs at once sing different headphones. I see the wav trigger offers this sort of ability. Should i get 3 different Triggers or is it easy to thread out 3 different headphones from one Trigger?

Also is it easy to attach a battery pack?

I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jesse

CrossRoads

You will need one per pair of headphones.
Other MP3 player options:
http://www.mdfly.com/search.php?search_query=mp3
Single Ardiuno can read button pushes and send play command/signal to the different players.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up