Go Down

Topic: Decoding of Froggit WH5300 Weather Center (Read 39421 times) previous topic - next topic

robwlakes

Aug 14, 2014, 02:34 am Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014, 06:47 am by robwlakes Reason: 1
Hi Sascha,

Sounds very, very interesting indeed. I thought you may have been working for them?  I think the OpenHab site deserves a full write up in the Forum, as that style of thing would help us take our Arduino Experiments/Hacking so much further. Or even consider a GIT-Hub site like mine where you can control the updates at a central location and not leave a string of old versions lying around on the Arduino Forum for people to find with Google. Which I have tended to do in the past.

I will look forward to hearing from you when you return from holidays.  I am still with my daughter who has a bad back and a 4 month old boy to look after.  Having them both at the same time is no coincidence.   :(  Likely to be here next week as well, still pounding away on the old laptop.

Happy holidays,

Rob
Learning Flute and C++, heading for a meltdown.

bigbadbob

Hi Sascha.

I have the conrad/froggit/TFA weather station the same as yours and would like to extract the data from it like you did but with using a receiver.

Did you ever find out if it was FM or AFSK or what?

Also, did you upload your full arduino sketch as that would be a great help to me.
Thanks for your hard work.
Bob.

bigbadbob

I hooked up my weather station display (receiver data pin) to my saleae analyser tonight and got similar timings to Sascha.
My unit uses 868Mhz but the rest of the unit seems the same.
One differance is that the idle state is 0 on the output of the rx,
Timings seem to be-
1ms low then 0.5ms high = logic 1
1ms low then 1.5ms high = logic 0

Looking at Sascha's .logicdata files seems to show the same timings.

Next I want to feed this data to an Arduino nano and output a comma seperated serial ascii string.

Then get my ZTFRX1 receiver working. If anyone has experiance of these receivers i'd be interested to hear from you.

all the best.
Bob.

robwlakes

Hi bigbadbob,

I believe Sascha has documented his solution on GIT-Hub as well, so if you contact him directly or do a search on GIT-Hub you should be able to locate him and access his source code to get you started.

If you want read up on my latest work then check my GIT-Hub site https://github.com/robwlakes for some good info on Oregon Scientific decoding and Manchester decoding in general.

Cheers, Rob

slicker

Hi Rob or Sascha,

I can't find the solution on Github you are referring to. It looks like there is plenty of good work shared between you and it would be nice if others with WH5300 weather stations could use the same approach.

Has anyone else got a decode solution published for the Froggit or WH5300 weather stations?

thanks

Leigh

robwlakes

Hi Slicker,

Sascha did most of the work especially in the final stages, I really only helped early on with the concepts of capturing the bit stream.  He managed to get the whole thing to a high level and I though he had (or was going to) document it on GITHub.  I think a lot of connections to forum posts where people would get follow up emails to new postings on threads they were involved in got broken in the last major upgrade (I think the messaging options are now no where as good, especially tracking down previous conversations).

However I found Sascha very helpful and probably in this case would not mind a direct contact through the messaging system.  I only came across this post by accident as an old thread I had contributed to, I had not been notified of your post.

Cheers, Rob

jendrush

I know that this topic is old, but i can't contact Saschak86. Did someone found way to read all those informations on arduino?

robwlakes

Sorry jenrush, As you can see from post above yours we had lost track of his work then and it is the same now.  All I can suggest is to go over what he has revealed in his posts and take it from there. Can't be of much help myself, sorry.
Cheers, Rob

yeitso

For your info I have done a i2c hack on this with a esp8266 and MQTT.

https://github.com/bhaap/WH5300-weatherstation-ESP8266-MQTT-json

might be an easier way to hack this.

Go Up