Go Down

Topic: Saving a short wav file to Attiny85 via the sketch/memory? (Read 8154 times) previous topic - next topic

rcpilotp51

Grumpy Mike you're hilarious! Sometimes humor doesn't translate well to black and white, but LOL!

im assuming the  0.1uF capacitor is a 104 disc cap, and the voltage is 3.3V as denoted by the bold "3.3V" on the schematic.

I was going to use a 3V Lithion coin cell. what do you think?

rcpilotp51

Also, going through various tutorials, i see that the at tiny will loop through the wav files on the card while power is on....

what about pressing a button to play a file?

So, the project is a box my wife will keep on her desk. when she presses the button the audio file should play. But I was thinking is it possible (to save battery) that the audio only plays when she presses the button? In theory: turns on the circuit plays and turns off the circuit? How do those hallmark cards work? are they always on?

Thanks
Keith

Grumpy_Mike

I made this "translator" for last year's maker fair in Rome, people often ask the same questions and some one on the forum translated and recorded my answers. I looked up what number answer and pressed the buttons corresponding to that answer.
I know it is a bit more than you want but I am sure you can pick the bones out of it.

Video
http://youtu.be/pL0pMAPkkVw

Schematic and software attached.

rcpilotp51

rcpilotp51

i noticed you have an on switch. is it possible that the num pad can turn on the circuit (maybe with a timer) turn it of (maybe with a relay or something - i have a 6 pin digital relay)

Thoughts?

Grumpy_Mike

There is an on switch because that is the simplest thing to do.

If you want power to be switched then you need a latching relay. The push button turns it on and the software turns it off once the sample has finished playing.

rcpilotp51

understood.

I have a bunch of (LH1156AT) optoisolators
http://www.techno-star.biz/others/lh1156at.pdf

would this be something that i can use?

rcpilotp51

can i use this capacitor...i don't know if its right

Grumpy_Mike

rcpilotp51

Great.

Im tryting to flash the 85 and i get the attached output...im not sure if it worked.

I have the SD card to FAT32 and a folder called wav with one wav file in there called

OtherWAV1.wav

rcpilotp51

i feel like I'm very close...whats going on here?

Grumpy_Mike

i feel like I'm very close...whats going on here?

It is telling you that you are trying to write to a memory address that does not exist in this processor. That chip only has 8K of flash memory.
How much memory does your SD library use?

rcpilotp51

I've attached the source.

I'm not quite sure mike.

rcpilotp51

its a raw chip. should i burn the boot loader to it using the arduino ide? will that help?

Grumpy_Mike

its a raw chip. should i burn the boot loader to it using the arduino ide? will that help?

If you want to program it by the IDE then yes.

Go Up